Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

How to fix sandisk plus 2tb unlocated, 16kb

January 1st, 2024, 20:33

Can someone help me? I don't know why suddenly, when I opened my computer on the morning of January 1, 2024. My SanDisk SSD was not detected at all. Even though the day before, on December 30, 2023. I played an online game from the SSD without any serious issues. Now, I have tried many applications, both paid and free, but none of the seven applications have been able to help me with this problem. Can someone provide me with some insight? Thank you.
Attachments
Screenshot (275).png
Screenshot (276).png

Re: How to fix sandisk plus 2tb unlocated, 16kb

January 1st, 2024, 20:41

Something has gone wrong and the firmware has "panicked". I am not aware of any DIY solutions. Sorry.

January 15th, 2024, 10:06

It IDs as Milpitas. As Franc says, firmware panic, no DIY grade software will help here.
Last edited by Arch Stanton on January 15th, 2024, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.

January 15th, 2024, 10:07

mankirat2v wrote:Go to Windows Administration Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management. Right click on the unallocated drive and choose Create a Simple Volume. Just use the default settings and click next a couple time and it will assign a drive letter and the drive will be usable. Since it is your C: drive you would need to format and reinstall Windows if you wanted the whole volume as C:

Don't be so ridiculous.
Post a reply