All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2003, 7:14 

Hi guys ,anyone here has something about the Western Digital hard disk ? something to read about them ( about SA of course ), and about the IBMs ?
Thanks in advance for any help, and can be in Russian also.
Best regards
Jose Pinto

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2003, 7:46 

Hi, jmuanes!
Will be very interesting if somebody from here, who know of couse will be want to talk about this. But I'm not so sure. In fact, for the begin it will be necesarry the technological key and few basicly functions (read / write module ID, etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2003, 5:15 

jmuanes wrote:
Hi guys ,anyone here has something about the Western Digital hard disk ? something to read about them ( about SA of course ), and about the IBMs ?
Thanks in advance for any help, and can be in Russian also.

2Jose I think you want to buy pc3k? why you don't have it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2003, 5:49 

Hi _vi_ ; about the PC3K - I spend more then a year taking with the guys from Acelab, and they start to promiss me that they will sell it to me in may 2002, in June 2002 they said to me that the english version will be finished in 2 months also the manual, and now june 2003, they have half of the manual in english and 75% of the tools in english. I already both it, and it is in Mexcio city ( I'm Brasilian and I lives in Brasil, in a very small city, and here where I live the goal is sugar cane - is the biggest center of the world ) so next july I will be at Mexcio city and I finally will have a opotunity to see the PC3k. But I already know that they has a poor material about western digitals hard disks, so nothinhg more normal that cames here where are a lot of persons that are not a newbie like me and aks for help, you don;t think so ?
I'm seeing that you are trying to help Mauricio in Andrey's board; and he is more than newbie, so why you always say this things to me ?
Best regards
Jose Pinto

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2003, 6:34 

jmuanes wrote:
of the world ) so next july I will be at Mexcio city and I finally will have a opotunity to see the PC3k. But I already know that they has a poor material about western digitals hard disks, so nothinhg more normal that cames here where are a lot of persons that are not a newbie like me and aks for help, you don;t think so ?

Well, you must wait for july. Poor support is better then nothing, is'nt it? ;)

Info you need, cost money, so i think you can't get real vuluable information in any free msg. board in the world. Most post in such board from newbie who want be repairmen. Real repairman talk in other place, of course sometimes they answer in such board, but post mostly hint not full info. So if you know nothing about WD, you can't get any info. Fujitsu is another story, and this is bad, because too many drives destroyed by lamer, trying to repair it =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2003, 12:53 
Hi,everybody, I am Bennis from China. I am new one joining this forum. I had got PC3k already. I am waiting the new update vesion. Because I have a lot of Maxtor drives to repair.
do you have any news about when is the new update coming ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2003, 2:49 

A'm agreed with _vi_. This informations is very very delicated for to be posted on this forum and
on another free forum. But maybe _vi_ can give us one idea where we can talk about this.
The informations will be chaged with another informations or with ... the money! No?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2003, 14:31 

bennis wrote:
Hi,everybody, I am Bennis from China. I am new one joining this forum. I had got PC3k already. I am waiting the new update vesion. Because I have a lot of Maxtor drives to repair.
do you have any news about when is the new update coming ?

Hi everybody,

This english thing is a very good one, now we all can talk and understud in the same time.

The update for pc3000 is allready available but I guess that thei respond only aftes 20 tries of free update requests (thats how I got it).

And yes, ther is some utils for maxtors hdd (ARDENT, POKER etc...) but till now I do not know how eficient they are.

Regards,
format_b
format_b@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2003, 4:36 

With utils for Maxtors from ACE you can rebuild firmware if you have correct loaders but is missing support for real rebuild surface, clear surfaces by bad sectors, work with security system, work with zones, etc, etc, etc....Maybe in next version the tools will be mode detailed!