All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2003, 8:15 

Hi all, I would like to let here some advice to thouse who want to repair Fujitsus hard disks.

I hear here and in others boards, something that I think that is very important, so I will put in english.

"Sometimes we ( the beginners ) had a good intention and we made all our efforts to do a good job but this is not enough, because we fuck-up drivers that could be fixed by someone that has more experience."

Ok, lets put here a small advice ( with the intention to do my best ):
In Fujistu's web site ( european ) has an utility to do a firmware upgrade that can fix one of the manys fujitsu hard disk problem, this is ok, but what I ask to the people that is going to use this util is:
"PLEASE READ THE TEXT THAT IS ON THE WEBSITE"
Yes, there is a text with the uti;ity that explain what it does, and when you can use it.
What I'm seeing and hearing is this: the utility can solve all the Fujistsus firmware problems, and this is not the true.
Sometimes you are going to FUCK-UP the hard disk and you are not going to fix it, so after that, noone would be able to repair the hard disk.

I will beg here: "If you don't know what you are doing, please don't do, try to learn first, think that all the the persons that are trying to do a good and responsable job, can be a little bit mad and then because some irresponsible persons are fucking the market, theses perons ( maybe ) are going to let this market and change to another, maybe they are going to your business and they are going to do the same that are doing at the Hard Disk business, after all everybody need to earn money for its survival.

If you can come to a hard disk market ( and I know that everybody is going to agree with this ) that is a hard market, because has a few ways to learn and a few ways to get good tools, CAN YOU YOU IMAGINE HOW EASY IS FUCK UP YOUR BUSINESS ?
How easy is to tell to your clients what you really does ?

I would like to say : think for a while, if we ( persons that work in invest in the hard disk business ) has no options, we will certain move to other business.

Best regards
Jose Pinto

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2003, 10:38 

Hi Jose:

Mmmm, I see that you are still "very happy"

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2003, 11:05 

Carlos Cantero wrote:
Hi Jose:

Mmmm, I see that you are still "very happy"

End-users who head swap are the worst ;O) ... I do not know of anyone who has desroyed their Fujitsu because of the firmware update process posted on Fujitsu's web site...

You can recover nearly all Fujitsu's anyway!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 27th, 2003, 6:19 

I could write somethings here but I'm thinking: "better no"
Jose Pinto

Ps: For record only: this months I recive 300 Fujitsu to fix; who knows if is not better do a thing... Visit the Fuji website...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 27th, 2003, 22:47 

How can I get the utility that can writes the fst hdd firmware?