All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tutorial: resolve 0 LBA,SEAGATE 7200.11 BIOS don't recognize
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2009, 15:02 

BlackST wrote:
I bet your drive being connected to cell phone has tried to call Seagate for help...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2009, 22:20 

ET got home :?: Good to hear it

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2009, 6:56 

Spildit wrote:
By the way, Seagate will probably fix it for you forr free and get your data back !
Connecting the cable with the mobile phone included don't sond like a good thing to do, at least for me. Why don't you buy a decent adaptor ? If your data it's not worth $4 USD why bother to recover it ?

The problem isn't the MONEY!!
I don't have found it in my town and I don't want waitng a lot of time!
In Italy I have found only this:
http://www.robot-italy.com/product_info ... cts_id=832

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2009, 8:45 

Did you call them?

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2009, 10:03 

BlackST wrote:
Did you call them?

They are in holiday until tomorrow!

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2009, 11:16 

I give up... I would have solved the issue well earlier...

PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 3:45 

BlackST wrote:
Admin, delete this too, please. And don't post anymore.

I am at a loss to understand why BlackST made this statement? Isnt this forum all about sharing information??? There are hobbyists and amateurs here, why shouldnt they share such information.

In fact isnt the basic spirit of the internet about the sharing of information?

Mum and Dad often cant or wont spend thousands or even hundreds on data recovery. So lets take a look at the position they are in:
a) if they do nothing they have no data
b) they cant afford DR services
so
c) they let someone have a go at it - they have nothing to loose.

The standard reply on this forum is to send it to DR experts - this fix is one of the best peices of information I have seen posted on here - there should be more of it.

The only reason I can think for such a statement is to protect ones own interests or simply eliteism.

What was the last detailed informaiton you gave to someone on here BlackST about how ot get there information back - or at least try?

Forget all this send to DR experts. Give people the informaiton on how to do it with an appropriate warning and let them make their own informed descsion about what to do.

My two cents.
-Al

PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 7:37 

Luckily many people do more damage when trying DIY , i.e. thinking that was the problem and finally f...ing recoverable drives. Again, rope is available everywhere. I can make horse halters with it, many people hang themselves instead. My other 2 cents so we have 4 cents... when we reach 1$ please ring.

Last edited by BlackST on July 1st, 2009, 7:51, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 7:41 

bigal.nz,

test PM

edited to say obviously not
Helps if you press the right button !

PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 16:19 

BlackST wrote:
Luckily many people do more damage when trying DIY , i.e. thinking that was the problem and finally f...ing recoverable drives. Again, rope is available everywhere. I can make horse halters with it, many people hang themselves instead. My other 2 cents so we have 4 cents... when we reach 1$ please ring.

I think your missing my point they are not going to come to you or any other DR expert...so they have nothing to loose by trying.....if people here would help them at least they have a chance.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 16:58 

Evidently, NO. So why continue ?

PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 19:03 

BlackST wrote:
Evidently, NO. So why continue ?

I have rephrased my point to perhaps explain myself better.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 22:41 

the reason is so simple.

WILL A DOCTOR GIVE OR TEACH DIY MANUAL. SO EVERY USER CAN HEAL THEIR ILLNESS BY THEMSELF....???

I think the Doctor will.. But not a FULL one.. there is only some information and advice but not Fully direct the user to DIY...

PostPosted: July 1st, 2009, 23:30 

prodata wrote:
the reason is so simple.

WILL A DOCTOR GIVE OR TEACH DIY MANUAL. SO EVERY USER CAN HEAL THEIR ILLNESS BY THEMSELF....???

I think the Doctor will.. But not a FULL one.. there is only some information and advice but not Fully direct the user to DIY...

To compare a doctor who holds a person life in there hands, and data recovery is unrealistic. What is at stake in your example is completely disportionate (sp), but to use your example:

If you were on a yacht at sea and you could not get to a doctor but had to preform say a trachotomy (akin to the person who has lost there data, but cant afford a DR expert) would the doctor then give instructions over a radio on how to perform the trachotomy to save the life? (akin to giving instructions here on the forum) YES of course the doctor would. The person may very well still die if the trachotomy is not done right (they may still loose there data if not done right) but in both cases they have nothing to loose because if they do nothing they die (loose data) anyway!

-Al

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 0:11 

bigal.nz wrote:
If you were on a yacht at sea and you could not get to a doctor but had to preform say a trachotomy (akin to the person who has lost there data, but cant afford a DR expert) would the doctor then give instructions over a radio on how to perform the trachotomy to save the life? (akin to giving instructions here on the forum) YES of course the doctor would. The person may very well still die if the trachotomy is not done right (they may still loose there data if not done right) but in both cases they have nothing to loose because if they do nothing they die (loose data) anyway!

Well
1. If you don't know how to do tracheotomy that person is going to die and doctors will not help you over the radio because tracheotomy is usually required when a person cannot breath at all, so tracheotomy has to be done in seconds and not like after over the radio chat
2. I can tell you how to do tracheotomy - you just need to punch a hole in patient's trachea and put a tube inside, here is your guide http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracheostomy
3. To change heads on a drive you just need to open drive's lid and change them and here is your guide - http://hddguru.com/content/en/articles/ ... k-Q-and-A/

But neither tracheotomy guide nor heads change guide guarantees success of your operations
Most of the newbies which come on this forum ask for magic way of SUCCESSFUL work and what is the best about them - they don't want to read any guides, they just want the magic snap :)

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 0:40 

Doomer wrote:
bigal.nz wrote:

Well
1. If you don't know how to do tracheotomy that person is going to die and doctors will not help you over the radio because tracheotomy is usually required when a person cannot breath at all, so tracheotomy has to be done in seconds and not like after over the radio chat

Tracheotomy is perfored for a variety of reasons, not people who cant breathe, so they will do it over the radio.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 1:21 

So it's simple. Drill a hole in the lid of the drive that's clicking or not recognised, put a tube on it and eventually BLOW. Will this solve once for all the problem and close this thread ?

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 2:07 

BlackST wrote:
So it's simple. Drill a hole in the lid of the drive that's clicking or not recognised, put a tube on it and eventually BLOW. Will this solve once for all the problem and close this thread ?

Now your being silly.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 2:09 

Nobody's perfect...

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2009, 4:56 

Doomer wrote:

Incidentially you are not correct about tracheotomy's having to be done in seconds: It can be done in the case of a person who has burns inside their throat, because after being burnt the throat will swell and close the airway - you can do a pre emptive tracheotomy before they stop breathing. You can also do it for the same reasons in the case of a anaphylaxtic event if adrenaline is not available.

I believe there is a known case of this being done at sea via radio under a doctors instructions (they had a tracheotomoy kit on the board the boat luckily) - struggling to find it in google at the moment.

It all comes down to the fact if your going to die anyway, you might as well have a go at the tracheotomy (READ: If youve lost your data anyway and cant afford DR, you might as well have a go at DIY recovery).

The take it to a Pro response some people get from people here, and who are in this situation simply is not helpful. Let them make a informed descsion knowing the risks.....if they are happy to take the risk why not help them out - in fact imagine this, the more help they have the more likely the chance of success.

Regards

-Al

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next