Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: My hard drive died on me :( Please help

May 12th, 2009, 3:02

BlackST wrote:
hamsaya wrote:
BlackST wrote:On the notes of "blowing in the wind" ...

How many drives must a man break down
before he will call a DR
and how many posts must we read and write down
before we give up at the end....

The answer my friend,
you need a true DR
The answer is always true DR....

One of these days your hard disk will start clicking and I will own a solid state...

Knowing what you know does not make you a perfect human being. One of these days you will fall, and you will be needing some one to assist you and I am hopping you find your true DR and they are not acting/behaving like well ... "yourself"!

I have learnt that some things can be avoided, other are beyond our possibilities and other need to be paid. I want to remember you that you live in a country which in practical denies healthcare to who cannot pay, a hernia surgery that is FREE here if you pay taxes - NOT AN INSURANCE - it's not less than 10'000$ , and it's 30 minutes (ask someone here)... Should I continue? The maximum you can get probably is a 'HDDGURU DISCOUNT' from valuable pro from here in your area. Use the search function in the members section and send a PM. And get full DR service including copy to a new drive, not only a headswap if never will be possible, since you don't have the necessary tools to override the problems that always come out, maybe including a new headstack if one is not enough.

I am a student here in USA, I am not a US Citizen if you are so against their health care system or how things work you can talk to someone else. But remember that for a student, they charge double in USA.. I don't wanna go further in detail about it ...

Again I thank you for advice. I am going to put away my hard disk until I find a reasonable price and am able to pay for it.

Thanks
Hamsaya

May 12th, 2009, 3:05

Didn't know about double charge for students. Bad, very bad. Really.

May 12th, 2009, 3:15

BlackST wrote:Didn't know about double charge for students. Bad, very bad. Really.

School fees for international students is doubled, NOT for regular Students or resident of USA/Citizens. Further they do not let you work and no scholarship either ... Only athletics and i had that in football/soccer...

Anyways I will take your advice put my hard drive somewhere until I am able pay for it to be fixed.

THANKS EVERYONE and I hope this closes this thread.

Plus it is 4 AM I should hit the bed.

Hamsaya

May 13th, 2009, 2:01

The drive may be getting incorrect power or data problem through USB. Hook it up in a computer rather than an external like you have.

May 13th, 2009, 2:07

dereks_computer wrote:The drive may be getting incorrect power or data problem through USB. Hook it up in a computer rather than an external like you have.

Please read the messages, before saying some like this...

May 13th, 2009, 2:20

Damaged heads through Usb... Wow!

May 16th, 2009, 2:21

Someone from this forum told me I should send him my drive + 300 + the colon that I found to Lebanon, haha what do you guys think >>> LOL

Anyways, all jokes aside... There is a company that is quite reputable, and they said I have to send my HDD for evaluation. They say it is free, they have to see to give me a quote.. They said once evaluated they will give me a quote. They said if we did not reach agreement on price, they will simply send it back to me at their cost. What do you guys think ???

Go for it ?

Hamsaya

May 16th, 2009, 2:31

Already warned about 'no fix no charge' . Again, how much can you spend?
Post a reply