Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Maxtor OneTouch 4 1TG - Access is denied

October 31st, 2009, 13:25

Out of sudden, I can't access my Maxtor One Touch 4 1000G External hard drive.

Under My Computer, I can see it as drive: G.

When I try to click on drive: G, I get the following error message "G:\ is not accessible. Access is denied."

Is there anyway to "open" the hard drive without having to reformat it and losing some precious data?

I have tried the following methods (none is helpful):
1) Use another USB cable
2) Power down the unit for a few minutes
3) Try it on another computer

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Maxtor OneTouch 4 1TG - Access is denied

October 31st, 2009, 13:40

seems bad sector, after imaging the drive contents should be accessible to the target drive.

October 31st, 2009, 13:50

shahij wrote:seems bad sector, after imaging the drive contents should be accessible to the target drive.

What are the procedures?

October 31st, 2009, 15:16

Google software cloning or imaging software and read manual on this one. Good software is RStudion to do this job for you. Manual is on line with software or can be found on the help menu of the program.

October 31st, 2009, 20:14

simhup wrote:Out of sudden, I can't access my Maxtor One Touch 4 1000G External hard drive.

Under My Computer, I can see it as drive: G.

When I try to click on drive: G, I get the following error message "G:\ is not accessible. Access is denied."

Is there anyway to "open" the hard drive without having to reformat it and losing some precious data?

I have tried the following methods (none is helpful):
1) Use another USB cable
2) Power down the unit for a few minutes
3) Try it on another computer

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

for my suggestion please stop these operation. as head is no stabilize. you continue try will make it worse. you can try with RStudio like Poehere mention. but don't make any mistake on it.
Post a reply