All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Maxtor Diamondmax 11 Did my PCB fail? How do I swap it?
PostPosted: November 20th, 2009, 19:39 

Hi you should not work with this drive. I told you to clone it. If you do not understand Rstudio there is a manual you can read. Or get another small program from same company called R Drive image and image this drive. Simple make a copy of this drive. Sound like you hae some bad sector issues on this drive or could even be read write issue. If you keep on like you are all will be gone. It is your choice do as you please on this one but pcb is not going to change this one for you no mater how many your get and put on here.

PostPosted: November 21st, 2009, 22:18 

poehere wrote:
Hi you should not work with this drive. I told you to clone it. If you do not understand Rstudio there is a manual you can read. Or get another small program from same company called R Drive image and image this drive. Simple make a copy of this drive. Sound like you hae some bad sector issues on this drive or could even be read write issue. If you keep on like you are all will be gone. It is your choice do as you please on this one but pcb is not going to change this one for you no mater how many your get and put on here.

It won't clone it. It says you must scan first and then it won't scan.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2009, 8:55 

I found a program which will read the drive and not stop. Spinrite6 is reading it but after 7 hours it has only gotten through .26% and it says 200hours remaining..... really?

PostPosted: December 9th, 2009, 10:53 

poehere wrote:

R-drive image stops after "Uncompressing ..... ok, starting the Kernel"

PostPosted: December 10th, 2009, 13:16 

Well I dropped it off at a data recovery place and apparently the circuit board was dead as well as the heads... how much should this cost on average to fix?

PostPosted: December 10th, 2009, 13:53 

YourMainParadox wrote:
I found a program which will read the drive and not stop. Spinrite6 is reading it but after 7 hours it has only gotten through .26% and it says 200hours remaining..... really?

This program is a disaster for data recovery. After 7 hours you can bet that it has stressed many sectors that would have been otherwise readable. This program is meant for drives with a small number of weak sectors. Ban it from your toolbox! It's understandable that people want to do as much as possible to recover their data before sending it to a professional, but, ironically, they frequently make a successful recovery more difficult- and more expensive- than had they done nothing.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2009, 2:31 

they said that it will cost $850 for the data with those problems... is that a good price or is it too high?