All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help with data recovery
PostPosted: February 4th, 2011, 12:50 

I tried formating a hard disk using the low level formating tool HDD format tool ver 2.36. Instead of the external usb drive which I intended to format, selected my primary hard disk which contains all my data. However realised the mistake within a few seconds and closed the programme using the X button on the top right corner and also hard booted my computer.

Now my laptop screen on reboot says "no boot sector on internal hard drive". Is there any method i could use to recover the data from the hard drive . Look forward to your guidance.

Post subject: Re: Need help with data recovery
PostPosted: February 4th, 2011, 15:27 

You will need to scan the drive with a data recovery tool
Will first need to boot from CD or put the drive in another system as a data drive

Unfortunately the few seconds may well have wiped the MFT (if ntfs) or FAT table (if FAT) and so will make identifying the files and recovery much harder

Since its a logical recocery, a local professional should be able to take a look for a reasonable fee

Post subject: Re: Need help with data recovery
PostPosted: February 5th, 2011, 13:27 

thanks a lot for your time and suggestions... should be handing over the drive to someone locally for data recovery.

Best regards

xsoliman wrote:
You will need to scan the drive with a data recovery tool
Will first need to boot from CD or put the drive in another system as a data drive

Unfortunately the few seconds may well have wiped the MFT (if ntfs) or FAT table (if FAT) and so will make identifying the files and recovery much harder

Since its a logical recocery, a local professional should be able to take a look for a reasonable fee