All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My WD1200BEVS-00RST0 Got Corrupted?
PostPosted: December 8th, 2010, 7:47 

Well hi guys.

it seems like my WD1200BEVS-00RST0 to be corrupted and the story goes like this:

i bought the drive for a cheaper way to store my second xbox 360 data so okay got it flashed with HDDHACKR and a good HDDSS.bin (backed up from my original 250GB Drive),So okay it worked very well for even more then a year.

And one day i decided to play an a xbox 1 game which requires an emulator (but i couldn't install it through my xbox) so i connected it to my PC,backed up all my data with no problem.

BUT i stupid as i am i did a another molex from my PC PSU which wasn't isolated so GND and 5V touched together and bam burning isolation from PC...luckily nothing was connected to that molex no more so every component in my PC was working flawless EXCEPT this HDD which WASN'T connected to this port as any other component of my PC.Since then i replaced my PSU to be sure nothing will be wrong.

now what happed when i plug my drive into the PC:
1.PC get stuck on Detecting IDE Devices (still on BIOS when boot) OR
2.When i enter for example HDDHACKR i get 0X0907 SATA PORT: (Nothing) (If theres nothing there should be typed none)
3.Not detected in windows...

And i also tried to connect only the sata cable to the drive then boot HDDACKR and connect power connector to it and still:
0X0907 SATA PORT: (Nothing) (If theres nothing there should be typed none) OR
0X0907 SATA PORT: None

after trying select port 0970 i get error message which says not working\corrupted and such.

One thing is clear the drive does get hot when working (regular temp not too hot) and there is sound of something moves inside so i think its the firmware that got corrupted while the molex burned.

Now I'm going to try thing with MHDD and maybe it will recognize the drive...

My PC Has Nvidia nForce 630i Chipset,and i also tried ICH9 Chipset PC.

I would like if you could some how recover this HDD guys PLEASE!!!

regardless to data i don't care i just need it working!.

Sorry for the long story i just wanted you guys to understand every detail.

:D

Post subject: Re: My WD1200BEVS-00RST0 Got Corrupted?
PostPosted: December 8th, 2010, 13:14 

First off you said that you backed up all this data on the drive to another one when you wanted to use it in a Xbox. After you put this drive in your Xbox I think and used it there. Now you blew up your PS and had to install a new one. After this same drive can not be recognized in your BIOS again.

Simple RMA this drive I think they offer 3 years on them now. You will have to check with WD on this one. Or buy a better drive. I know here I can get a 500GB HDD for around 50 dollars. You should be able to find some drives at good prices now.

Stay away from WD they are not the best drives in the entire world. They are always failing and you can read here and see that a lot of WD drives are dying here each day.

Post subject: Re: My WD1200BEVS-00RST0 Got Corrupted?
PostPosted: December 12th, 2010, 14:21 

poehere wrote:
First off you said that you backed up all this data on the drive to another one when you wanted to use it in a Xbox. After you put this drive in your Xbox I think and used it there. Now you blew up your PS and had to install a new one. After this same drive can not be recognized in your BIOS again.

Simple RMA this drive I think they offer 3 years on them now. You will have to check with WD on this one. Or buy a better drive. I know here I can get a 500GB HDD for around 50 dollars. You should be able to find some drives at good prices now.

Stay away from WD they are not the best drives in the entire world. They are always failing and you can read here and see that a lot of WD drives are dying here each day.

Okay i understand i cant fix it...in my country there is no official WD organization so i cant replace it.And another problem is that only WD are compatible with this console,so yea ill probably buy new WD.

Sorry for long replay.