All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 5:27 
Offline

Joined: October 19th, 2011, 10:16
Posts: 4
Location: hyderabad
ROb wrote:
I can help you solve this problem PM me...

I am also experiencing this issue. Any more information regarding a fix?please help,,,,,,having pics of my granny who died last week...............................please help me brother rob..........thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 9:36 
Offline

Joined: August 18th, 2010, 17:35
Posts: 2995
Location: Massachusetts, USA
moiz wrote:
ROb wrote:
I can help you solve this problem PM me...

I am also experiencing this issue. Any more information regarding a fix?please help,,,,,,having pics of my granny who died last week...............................please help me brother rob..........thanks


Unless ROb has already helped you, you can ask user ajayvats for help. Although the solution may not be applicable in your case, he can possibly share some ideas.

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery Specialist in Massachusetts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 9:38 
Offline

Joined: August 18th, 2010, 17:35
Posts: 2995
Location: Massachusetts, USA
ajayvats wrote:
bochen415 wrote:
You can always PM me or the author of the fix and ask


HI,

Me too having same problem with my ST3250318AS CC44 hdd. Can u pleade give the fix for the 7200.12 series as i am in need of the same.

PS. COuld not find any link to send pm.


Replied to PM.

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery Specialist in Massachusetts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 17:33 
Offline

Joined: June 8th, 2010, 17:11
Posts: 18
Location: Trinidad
I have the ST3250318AS FW:CC38

Recognised by Seagate Doctor and DC
FW errors
Bricked!

Can anyone help with the FW?

Thanks,
Mario


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: November 7th, 2011, 18:39 
Offline

Joined: August 18th, 2010, 17:35
Posts: 2995
Location: Massachusetts, USA
You have all the resources needed on the forums and SalvationData documentation since you have their product.

Have you searched at all?

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery Specialist in Massachusetts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: December 9th, 2011, 3:54 
Offline

Joined: March 23rd, 2011, 12:47
Posts: 6
Location: Poland
neowakesup wrote:
Seriously guys, plz share the solution IN the forum...


Here's the fix only for the ST31000528AS 1TB Barracuda 7200.12 Firmware: CC38 model:

ROb wrote:
start your drive by shorting read channels


F3 T>/2

F3 2>Z

Spin Down Complete
Elapsed Time 6.035 secs

[Remove the shorting and give following command]

F3 2>U

HighPowerMode
ExecuteSpinRequest
Spin Up Complete
Elapsed Time 3.573 secs
F3 2>/

F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22
Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 16, Max Certify Rewr
ite Retries = not supported

User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 00 secs

F3 T>/1

F3 1>N1

Clear SMART is completed.
F3 1>
[disconnect the power, wait couple seconds and connect again]
Rst 0x08M
(P) SATA Reset



Now if your drive is working go and copy quick all the data you can and if not throw it out tho the garbage or send it to the manufacturer.

Shorting read channels:
short the pins shown here
Code:
http://qbhn.neostrada.pl/ST31000528AS.jpg

this is the component side, it goes through the pcb to the other side, I think here
Code:
http://qbhn.neostrada.pl/02.jpg

but not sure - thrust the first image its 100% ok


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: December 13th, 2011, 7:44 
Offline

Joined: August 18th, 2010, 17:35
Posts: 2995
Location: Massachusetts, USA
@moiz - replied to PM

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery Specialist in Massachusetts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 10:14 
Offline

Joined: June 7th, 2012, 10:11
Posts: 6
Location: Italy
Hi, I have the same problem
Quote:
Rst 0x10M
No HOST FIS-ReadyStatusFlags 2002B001

on a DiamondMax23. Can you help me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 10:22 
Offline

Joined: June 7th, 2012, 10:11
Posts: 6
Location: Italy
I can't PM anyone. Labtech, help me please!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 11:47 
Offline

Joined: August 18th, 2010, 17:35
Posts: 2995
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Replied to PM

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery Specialist in Massachusetts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 18:41 
Offline

Joined: August 9th, 2012, 18:21
Posts: 1
Location: Italy
bochen415 wrote:
neowakesup wrote:
Seriously guys, plz share the solution IN the forum...


Here's the fix only for the ST31000528AS 1TB Barracuda 7200.12 Firmware: CC38 model:

ROb wrote:
start your drive by shorting read channels


F3 T>/2

F3 2>Z

Spin Down Complete
Elapsed Time 6.035 secs

[Remove the shorting and give following command]

F3 2>U

HighPowerMode
ExecuteSpinRequest
Spin Up Complete
Elapsed Time 3.573 secs
F3 2>/

F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22
Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 16, Max Certify Rewr
ite Retries = not supported

User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 00 secs

F3 T>/1

F3 1>N1

Clear SMART is completed.
F3 1>
[disconnect the power, wait couple seconds and connect again]
Rst 0x08M
(P) SATA Reset



Many many thanks
i tried on ST31000528AS fw:CC35
It WORKS

upgraded to CC49


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 15:22 
Offline

Joined: August 28th, 2012, 14:55
Posts: 6
Location: Bay Area
Hi,

As with many others, my Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 750 GB Firmware: CC46 stopped being recognized by Bios one day. I've spent few days trying to find out what was wrong, and hours trying different combinations in Putty. I need to mention that the drive had no important data on it when it happened so I decided to give it a try, and no warranty. Finally, I found this thread and followed the instructions below. Everything was going well upto F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22 where I kept receiving DiagError and partition failed. What I did then was unplugged Sata power prior the F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22 step, waited 10 secs, plugged it back, ctrl+z to get to F3 T> then F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22 and ENTER. Everything went well after that. I turned the pc off, plugged the drive back and turned it back on, but the same issue - not recognized by BIOS. I can hear the drive spins and there is one more repeated low sound - not a click. I'd like to know what this sound can possibly mean and if there is anything else can be done to fix it. Thanks for your support!

Paky wrote:
bochen415 wrote:
neowakesup wrote:
Seriously guys, plz share the solution IN the forum...


Here's the fix only for the ST31000528AS 1TB Barracuda 7200.12 Firmware: CC38 model:

ROb wrote:
start your drive by shorting read channels


F3 T>/2

F3 2>Z

Spin Down Complete
Elapsed Time 6.035 secs

[Remove the shorting and give following command]

F3 2>U

HighPowerMode
ExecuteSpinRequest
Spin Up Complete
Elapsed Time 3.573 secs
F3 2>/

F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22
Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 16, Max Certify Rewr
ite Retries = not supported

User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 00 secs

F3 T>/1

F3 1>N1

Clear SMART is completed.
F3 1>
[disconnect the power, wait couple seconds and connect again]
Rst 0x08M
(P) SATA Reset



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 15:23 
Offline

Joined: August 18th, 2010, 17:35
Posts: 2995
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Does the drive spin down?

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery Specialist in Massachusetts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 15:29 
Offline

Joined: August 28th, 2012, 14:55
Posts: 6
Location: Bay Area
Yes, it does
labtech wrote:
Does the drive spin down?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 15:30 
Offline

Joined: August 18th, 2010, 17:35
Posts: 2995
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Pretty sure the drive has internal read-write hardware issue and/or media damage.

Was it dropped or sustained any kind of physical shock?

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery Specialist in Massachusetts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 15:47 
Offline

Joined: August 28th, 2012, 14:55
Posts: 6
Location: Bay Area
labtech wrote:
Pretty sure the drive has internal read-write hardware issue and/or media damage.

Was it dropped or sustained any kind of physical shock?

I see.
No, it was not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 16:16 
Offline

Joined: August 18th, 2010, 17:35
Posts: 2995
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Without experience in this field, no DIY solution I am afraid.

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery Specialist in Massachusetts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 16:41 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: October 19th, 2010, 4:21
Posts: 339
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
cloverex:
Did you complete procedure with reseting SMART before cycling power? If not, I guess, you need to repeat entire procedure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 16:50 
Offline

Joined: August 28th, 2012, 14:55
Posts: 6
Location: Bay Area
labtech wrote:
Without experience in this field, no DIY solution I am afraid.



Is it possible that PCB is fully functional?

If the issue is in the heads, do you think it is worth it to get a donor drive to do the swap?

Thank you very much for your support!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seagate 7200.12 - need help with diagnosis and/or fix
PostPosted: August 28th, 2012, 16:58 
Offline

Joined: August 28th, 2012, 14:55
Posts: 6
Location: Bay Area
SAjunky wrote:
cloverex:
Did you complete procedure with reseting SMART before cycling power? If not, I guess, you need to repeat entire procedure.


Yes, I did.
F3 T>/1

F3 1>N1

Clear SMART is completed.
F3 1>
[disconnect the power, wait couple seconds and connect again]
Rst 0x08M
(P) SATA Reset


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group