Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

fujitsu scsi pcb swap

March 24th, 2011, 13:22

Hi, I need some help on changing PCB in a SCSI Fujitsu MAW3300NC.
The actual PCB has burned... which component do I have to swap to a new pcb ?

Thanks in advance

Re: fujitsu scsi pcb swap

March 24th, 2011, 23:17

Could you upload a detailed photo of the component side?

March 25th, 2011, 6:28

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

March 26th, 2011, 1:37

I'm not a DR guy, but AIUI, with Fujitsu drives you only need to match the ROM code. I suspect this means that you need to match the markings on the "qLogic" MCU chip, but your board supplier should be able to advise you.

That said, I can't see any burn marks. If you have overvolted your drive, then the most likely result will be a shorted TVS diode at location D51 in the top left corner of the PCB. Measure its resistance on the 200 ohms range of your multimeter. Also measure the resistance of fuse F2 just below it.

April 26th, 2021, 14:05

Hello,

I need to replace the PCB in a similar model (MBA3147NC).
I have a donor disk, with the exact firmware and revision numbers.
This model should not need to substitute the BIOS chip too, should't it?

As you can see in the image above, the motor is connected to the PCB with the flat orange cable. I'm afraid of broking it, if I pull too strongly.
Is it possible to disconnect it without any damage, and then fit in again with the new PCB?

Thanks!

April 27th, 2021, 4:33

release the connector by pulling the black lock thingy outwards, then you won't break anything.

pepe
Post a reply