Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: For those who had DOUBT in my Smartware Solution

April 29th, 2012, 6:11

aena9200 wrote:Actually it was me who laughed a lot when I read you comment here #p134544 . And I cannot see what was wrong with my comment I said I am sure it is doable and it is just a matter of time to know how it works, probably you do not understand english?.
Of course It is up to you to read my comments or not, but I wanted to give you an advice from a more experienced engineer, do not dismiss things out of hand unless you know what you are talking about. Anyway good luck with your late findings.

Open your eyes, and look @ the date stamp , i dono who cannot read ENGLISH here, me or you

PostPosted: July 19th, 2011, 10:06

DO YOU NEED A DIGITAL MICROSCOPE to figure this out my dear. :shock:
all the best

April 29th, 2012, 6:55

huh?
LOL

June 12th, 2012, 19:00

Dear Einstein9

Please send me your contact details,,, I have the same problem >> I forget my WD Passport password and I need to contact you to see if you can help
Regards,,,
Muhammad AL Lahham
mallahham@yahoo.com

June 13th, 2012, 4:02

letio wrote:Dear Einstein9

Please send me your contact details,,, I have the same problem >> I forget my WD Passport password and I need to contact you to see if you can help
Regards,,,
Muhammad AL Lahham
mallahham@yahoo.com

Dear Letio,

It is LIMITED to the Forensic cases ONLY - NO OTHER
if you were one of them, they know very well how to get in touch, Public Clients/Companies Am sorry we do not do.

thank you

June 14th, 2012, 12:47

the Smartware Bypass Stays in Specific Memory Address and when we execute the Unlock.exe file
it reads from specific sector @ the end, and verifies the contents and brings
back the Password window, where here we are forcing it to read OUR default Password
and it confirms it as YES IT IS CORRECT.

Do you mean to say Unlock.exe reads sector with encryption keys from the back of the drive? So it's actually transfered via USB to Unlock.exe and Unlock.exe decides to open the drive or not?

June 18th, 2012, 23:05

Hello ^^

my wd passport is locked, and the hard drive ask a password to unlock, but i didn't put a password before, so i don't understand :shock:

never will buy a wd products for the future... :shock:

If someone knows how to repair that please ?

Thanks a lot :)

June 20th, 2012, 12:27

Nobody knows please... ? :weep:

Thanks

June 20th, 2012, 13:25

Hi, I think I came across some info that explained it, and maybe more, but too busy to search for it .

June 20th, 2012, 13:38

Repair is likely not possible. Data recovery by certain experts maybe.

June 20th, 2012, 14:26

It probably tricks unlock.exe into mounting the partition. I believe that the partition will still be encrypted therefore worthless. Or maybe I am wrong?

Starling wrote:
the Smartware Bypass Stays in Specific Memory Address and when we execute the Unlock.exe file
back the Password window, where here we are forcing it to read OUR default Password

Do you mean to say Unlock.exe reads sector with encryption keys from the back of the drive? So it's actually transfered via USB to Unlock.exe and Unlock.exe decides to open the drive or not?

July 19th, 2012, 5:58

guru wrote:It probably tricks unlock.exe into mounting the partition. I believe that the partition will still be encrypted therefore worthless. Or maybe I am wrong?

Starling wrote:

Yes einstein9's way tricks the smartware unlock.exe software in to reading his known password & then mounts the partition. The partition will then be decrypted as the key is stored in the SA. Like other members here that can bypass the WD Smartware password (including me :D ), just the method might be different & take longer than einstein9 software method.

Loki

July 19th, 2012, 8:15

loki wrote:
guru wrote:It probably tricks unlock.exe into mounting the partition. I believe that the partition will still be encrypted therefore worthless. Or maybe I am wrong?

Starling wrote:

Yes einstein9's way tricks the smartware unlock.exe software in to reading his known password & then mounts the partition. The partition will then be decrypted as the key is stored in the SA. Like other members here that can bypass the WD Smartware password (including me :D ), just the method might be different & take longer than einstein9 software method.

Loki

heheh, i used to Attach this as a Signature always: I KNOW I CAN DO IT, ITS JUST THE MATTER OF TIME

very good news Loki really :mrgreen:

and really good luck. :wink:

July 20th, 2012, 15:03

I am quite sure there is GREAT misunderstood with this: {bypass the WD Smartware password}
Because bypassing "selflocked drive" and locked with real user password is a big difference.

July 21st, 2012, 13:49

:wink: agreed

July 23rd, 2012, 23:59

Please help, I have been trying to unlock My passport Essentials for the last 6 months...... :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
My life is on this drive...
If there is anything that can be done to get this data please pm me or email me at sexy_ladka at yahoo com

Many thanks in advance...

July 24th, 2012, 0:10

nabiji wrote:Please help, I have been trying to unlock My passport Essentials for the last 6 months...... :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
My life is on this drive...
If there is anything that can be done to get this data please pm me or email me at sexy_ladka at yahoo com

Many thanks in advance...

Did you forget the password if one was ever set up? Or is the drive damaged in a matter that is preventing you from unlocking it?

July 24th, 2012, 1:31

I forgot the password.... :( :( :( :( :(

July 24th, 2012, 4:01

nabiji wrote:I forgot the password.... :( :( :( :( :(

Nice email, are you female? :roll:

July 24th, 2012, 10:05

no its my GF email address... :wink:

July 24th, 2012, 10:40