Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: Cleaning tools for platters

March 10th, 2016, 3:57

pepe wrote:of course i meant that only one head is mounted in that case.

Well,
Assuming its a 2 Platter Drive With 4 Heads .So What will You Do ,Physically Use a HS With One Head Or Physically Cut Other 3 Heads And Use Many Donors ? . Because If You Use 4 Head Stack Definitely Platter/Head Damage Will Be There .

March 10th, 2016, 4:28

infofaster wrote:Hi guys,

I have clean the platters sucessfuly with Sm. Knit Poly Swab, Rigid Tip one with IPA (Iso Propyl Alcohol 100% pure) and other only to clean and swap the liquid that remains. I do it in cycles from center of the platters to outside and it works. The platter is cleaned :lol: was you can see in this picture:http://files.hddguru.com/index.php?action=view&filename=platters%20cleanded.jpeg.JPG&directory=Hard%20disk%20Pictures/Hitachi/SATA&

I want to thanks for all the tips and replys this post have. :mrgreen:

Hi InfoFaster ,
Could You Please Provide Me With some More Details [ If You Can i Can Ask Here Or PM You ] .

March 15th, 2016, 14:43

How would u clean multi platters surface that are still assembled together?
Some of u does know how to realign platters after having dismounted from each other?

March 17th, 2016, 2:42

michael chiklis wrote:How would u clean multi platters surface that are still assembled together?
Some of u does know how to realign platters after having dismounted from each other?

Hi,
Without Some Precision Machine IMHO its Not Possible .Might Be Its possible by a different Technique That i Think Might Work " but i Need To Try It Out " . But Thats Not For Public Domain .I Have Now Arranged Most of The Material For Platter Cleaning And I am Now Going To start This In Scrap Drives And Master The Technique In My Own Way [ For Cleaning Platters And Heads ] .
Post a reply