Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

seagate freeplay drives

January 13th, 2012, 12:35

Heya ladies and gentlemen = ) Happy New Year to you all =)
I am looking for a bit of an input regarding seagate freeplay 2.5 high capacity drives. How are they head swap wise comparing to ur standard run of the mill 2.5 seagate ? Head compatibility a big issue with em ? How accepting are they with donor heads?
Got me a 750 GB st9750430AS with stiction. Released it easy enough , but i think i see one of the heads a bit misaligned. Dont want to power it up, since we have authority to get donor in =) I did a lot of standard seagates and they are pretty easy to work with ( although my favorite in this matter is still fujitsu and hitachi ) but never with these cassette tape looking drives =)
Any input is greatly appreciated. Since world is going to end December this year i was hoping yall share some proprietary secrets =))))
Cheers all.
Alexey.
Edit/Delete Message

Re: seagate freeplay drives

January 13th, 2012, 12:46

Finished with one of this last week. Got 5 potential donors, and only 1 which is 100% suitable to make the job done.

More difficult than F3 Banshee

January 13th, 2012, 17:01

Ty for the input freakzy. I apretiate it.

January 13th, 2012, 17:05

You have PM
Post a reply