Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Crashed Mac, need to get pictures out...Please help!!

March 20th, 2013, 1:48

Please please help
My mac crashed and I have a lot of family pictures I cannot loose..!!!
I know, I know, I should have backed up my pics, but I didn't :(
datarecoverycable.com promises to get all that info out with their system, but I have read some bad review on this site about them..
I took the computer to Best Buy and they only got some pics out(they didn't inform me that they were not able to get all out)
I was to to use my crashed hard drive as external hard drive, that way I will be able to get all of my files back from the crashed drive..is that true?
I know that there are many of you here who know A LOT about this....PLEASE HELP!!!! Any advise is much appreciated....

Re: Crashed Mac, need to get pictures out...Please help!!

March 20th, 2013, 10:30

That site is a joke, the cable is just a usb to sata/pata adapter. it does nothing special. you can get those anywhere. And even the ones that say they are just adapters can cost more then 40 bucks. ( the good ones). Stay away from them.

the fact the drive was functioning at apple is somewhat of a descent sign, but it could get worse very quickly.

As for your drive, most likely it has either a weak head, sector damage.

I would get a pro to look at it, most likely at this point it should be recoverable....maybe

If it is a joke to get people to look at that site... you came to the wrong place :)

March 20th, 2013, 12:00

We're just down the road in Atlanta, Lindsey, and would be delighted to eval it for free.

Jon

March 20th, 2013, 13:17

Yes, the data recovery cable is too good to be true. I suggest you follow up with Jon and have his team assess your drive. They are are a top notch data recovery lab with very fair pricing.

March 20th, 2013, 13:35

Cleanroom wrote:That site is a joke, the cable is just a usb to sata/pata adapter. it does nothing special. you can get those anywhere. And even the ones that say they are just adapters can cost more then 40 bucks. ( the good ones). Stay away from them.

the fact the drive was functioning at apple is somewhat of a descent sign, but it could get worse very quickly.

As for your drive, most likely it has either a weak head, sector damage.

I would get a pro to look at it, most likely at this point it should be recoverable....maybe

If it is a joke to get people to look at that site... you came to the wrong place :)

That is not my intention. I am only asking for an honest opinion from people who might know better. I have googled for some time trying to find a solution, and this is one of the sites I came upon. I am not trying to 'put their name out there' as you say, I only asking for an honest opinion.

March 20th, 2013, 13:36

jono-ats wrote:We're just down the road in Atlanta, Lindsey, and would be delighted to eval it for free.

Jon

Thanks Jon. How can can get your contact info?

March 20th, 2013, 13:39

jono-ats wrote:We're just down the road in Atlanta, Lindsey, and would be delighted to eval it for free.

Jon

Actually, just pulled up your website. Will definitely give you a call as soon as I can get down to Atlanta.
Thanks again.

March 20th, 2013, 13:44

lcoughey wrote:Yes, the data recovery cable is too good to be true. I suggest you follow up with Jon and have his team assess your drive. They are are a top notch data recovery lab with very fair pricing.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will definitely give them a call...
Post a reply