Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Question about bypass micro usb/sat WD my passaport

August 6th, 2014, 16:25

A simple questions.
If i make the usb to sata bypass and the data is encrypted... can i just format the HDD and use normally???
There is some risk to use with the bypass like overheat or something like that??
Thanks

Re: Question about bypass micro usb/sat WD my passaport

August 6th, 2014, 17:47

AISI, there is no risk, but you may find that the cabling will be subject to interference and interface errors.

August 7th, 2014, 6:29

Hola ddryu!

Para uso comun de los discos, esto no es muy recomendable, ya que la calidad de las soldaduras y los cables no es la misma que de fabrica, y como dice fzabkar que es muy bueno en electronica, "el cableado puede estar sujeto a interferencias electromagneticas"

Al precio de los discos creo que no es una practica recomendable

Hi [b] ddryu [/ b]!

For common use of disks, this is not recommended, since the quality of the ironed points and wires is not the same as from factory, and as [b] fzabkar [/ b] says (He is very good at electronics), "wiring may be subject to electromagnetic interference "

with the actual price about HDD, I think it is not a recommended practice

August 7th, 2014, 6:31

acerca de puentear el adaptador IC SATA-USB, creo que no habrá problema en que puedas usar el disco si lo formateas.

--------------
About formating drive, i never try it but i thik you will be no problems.

August 7th, 2014, 15:45

Thanks both for the quick answer =)

August 8th, 2014, 3:59

Hola ddryu!

Si lo pruebas comentanos como te ha ido, para referencias futuras.
---------------------

Hi ddryu!
If you try it let us know how works it, for future reference.

Thanks
Post a reply