All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: March 29th, 2021, 12:08 

angoul wrote:
To both of you, but especially to you Devil.

Thank you

Hello.

I am currently looking for suppliers for the Hepa h14 filter and for the fans. From these components I will design the cabin.

Greetings

PostPosted: April 6th, 2021, 13:18 

Hello,

awesome work. Unfortunately I can't open Fotos and Video. Do you have a tutorial / list, pics as you had for DIY clean chamber v1?

Thank you very much. Awesome clean chmaber.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2021, 7:51 

Thanks @navideira! Have you looked in the downloads section of this site?

http://files.hddguru.com/download/Other ... mber%20V2/

PostPosted: April 7th, 2021, 11:34 

Thank you very much. I thought this would be the plans for V.1 as it seems that there is still missing something on the top and minor differences to a foto of V.2 I had seen here.

I'll try to figure out the differences and adapt. Thank you again for the great work and help.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2022, 4:33 

LarrySabo wrote:
Here are a few pictures of V2.1, as I named it.

Hello Larry!

I'm impressed by your mobile cabinet, just one question: why did you choose woodwork against full plexi (excluding electrostaticity)? I think full plexi could be lighter. What are their strengths and weaknesses? Is plexi can be too fragile or scratchy? Or their price tag?

PostPosted: January 5th, 2022, 9:54 

Hello, and thanks @img. I used wood because it's readily available, very easy to work with using normal woodworking tools, and is also much cheaper than plastic. With plexiglass, static electricity and cracking are concerns (not that they entered my mind at the time). I purposely used an anti-static mat in the design and connected it to the ground wire from the AC connector, as well as the metal grill.

The clean chamber has served me very well, although I would build it bigger if I were to do it over again.

img wrote:
LarrySabo wrote:
Here are a few pictures of V2.1, as I named it.

Hello Larry!

I'm impressed by your mobile cabinet, just one question: why did you choose woodwork against full plexi (excluding electrostaticity)? I think full plexi could be lighter. What are their strengths and weaknesses? Is plexi can be too fragile or scratchy? Or their price tag?

PostPosted: January 6th, 2022, 2:17 

LarrySabo wrote:
Hello, and thanks @img. I used wood because it's readily available, very easy to work with using normal woodworking tools, and is also much cheaper than plastic. With plexiglass, static electricity and cracking are concerns (not that they entered my mind at the time). I purposely used an anti-static mat in the design and connected it to the ground wire from the AC connector, as well as the metal grill.

The clean chamber has served me very well, although I would build it bigger if I were to do it over again.

Larry, thank you for your answer! You convinced me with cracking: it didn’t even came into my head, but it’s a pretty compelling reason, then clearly the wooden frame and the plexi roof are the winner. I choosen wood to my first chamber too (many years ago), but I have no experience with plexi and it seemed like a first-hand idea, I thought I'd ask an expert like you. I ain't got no woodworking tools, so I have to outsourcing this to a carpenter master then I 'll do the circuitry (I plan inbuilt USB and SATA connections, and DC power lines to the particle meter and the lights). What about 2 motors with speed control, if one is not enough? I found this, because the mentioned is not avail. in / around my country.

Edit: typo.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2022, 13:18 

@img, thanks. I don't think that proposed fan would provide enough pressure/flow, as it's rated about 24 watts versus 40 watts for the recommended fan. You could try putting two of them side by side but I don't know if that would work or not. I have tried using two fans in tandem but that didn't increase the pressure, just reduced the power consumed by each fan, I think. All you can do it try it.

Please do share pictures of how it turns out. Good luck!

PostPosted: January 7th, 2022, 3:08 

LarrySabo wrote:
@img, thanks. I don't think that proposed fan would provide enough pressure/flow, as it's rated about 24 watts versus 40 watts for the recommended fan. You could try putting two of them side by side but I don't know if that would work or not. I have tried using two fans in tandem but that didn't increase the pressure, just reduced the power consumed by each fan, I think. All you can do it try it.

Please do share pictures of how it turns out. Good luck!

Hi Larry!

I just realized I wrote "motors" instead of "vents", my mistake.

I compared the vents for airflow and pressure too and it looks like my model is almost on par with yours (CFm vs m3/h).

Thank you, I 'll share pictures. :)