All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: February 7th, 2021, 18:17 
Offline

Joined: December 8th, 2010, 11:37
Posts: 721
Location: Ottawa, Canada
DeVlL wrote:
Hi LarrySabo

I was just going to ask you to measure air particles with a meter. It looks great, I will try to replicate its cabin in aluminum instead of wood. Does the HEPA 14 filter come in various sizes? Do you also have pre-filters before you get to the HEPA filter?

regards

Thanks for the kind comment. The HEPA filter I used was available from a local hardware store and they didn't have many choices. For the V2.1 version of the chamber, I used a larger filter with higher filtration ability (BlueAir 200 series, 18 x 14 x 1.8 inches, 99.97% @ 0.1 microns). I did incorporate a pre-filter (Hammock filter - Duststop Ultimate) which as shown in the pictures for which I provided the link above, under other stuff, but it's pretty transparent (even folded over several times as it was) so a better pre-filter would definitely be an improvement.

If I were to start over, I'd make it longer; with all the head comb storage boxes piled up along the left edge, and miscellaneous tools in a parts tray and pouch on the side-wall at the right side, there's not a lot of spare room. Two of the BlueAir 200 filters end-to-end would make it 36" wide and you could add a few inches on each side to make it 40" internally, which would be more comfortable. I'd also make it about 6" deeper.

Good luck with your project and please do share your results!

Larry

_________________
Sabo Computer Repairs & Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: February 8th, 2021, 15:20 
Offline

Joined: August 31st, 2020, 11:41
Posts: 32
Location: España
LarrySabo wrote:
DeVlL wrote:
Hi LarrySabo

I was just going to ask you to measure air particles with a meter. It looks great, I will try to replicate its cabin in aluminum instead of wood. Does the HEPA 14 filter come in various sizes? Do you also have pre-filters before you get to the HEPA filter?

regards

Thanks for the kind comment. The HEPA filter I used was available from a local hardware store and they didn't have many choices. For the V2.1 version of the chamber, I used a larger filter with higher filtration ability (BlueAir 200 series, 18 x 14 x 1.8 inches, 99.97% @ 0.1 microns). I did incorporate a pre-filter (Hammock filter - Duststop Ultimate) which as shown in the pictures for which I provided the link above, under other stuff, but it's pretty transparent (even folded over several times as it was) so a better pre-filter would definitely be an improvement.

If I were to start over, I'd make it longer; with all the head comb storage boxes piled up along the left edge, and miscellaneous tools in a parts tray and pouch on the side-wall at the right side, there's not a lot of spare room. Two of the BlueAir 200 filters end-to-end would make it 36" wide and you could add a few inches on each side to make it 40" internally, which would be more comfortable. I'd also make it about 6" deeper.

Good luck with your project and please do share your results!

Larry


Thanks for your information.

My idea is to make it in aluminum instead of wood. Put interchangeable pre-filters and HEPA 14 filter. Also led lights and some more details. Your cabin is wonderful, I was looking for something similar for me.

Don't worry I'll put the previews in this thread.

I forgot to ask. What model of motor does it have internally to move the air?

Greetings and thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: February 8th, 2021, 21:20 
Offline

Joined: December 8th, 2010, 11:37
Posts: 721
Location: Ottawa, Canada
DeVlL wrote:
LarrySabo wrote:
DeVlL wrote:
Thanks for your information.

My idea is to make it in aluminum instead of wood. Put interchangeable pre-filters and HEPA 14 filter. Also led lights and some more details. Your cabin is wonderful, I was looking for something similar for me.

Don't worry I'll put the previews in this thread.

I forgot to ask. What model of motor does it have internally to move the air?

Greetings and thanks

I'm looking forward to see your completed project! The motor I used was a CircuitTest CFA11515055HB (115v, 150mm, 231CFM).

_________________
Sabo Computer Repairs & Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: February 10th, 2021, 10:59 
Offline

Joined: December 4th, 2019, 4:15
Posts: 64
Location: France
Hello
I'm interested in your conversation about cleanroom manufacturing.
I have a small question about the engine.
What is its power, do you have a reference?
Do you have pictures with the engine in place and other pictures with more details?

Thank you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: February 10th, 2021, 12:25 
Offline

Joined: December 8th, 2010, 11:37
Posts: 721
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Hello @angoul. If "engine" means the fan motor, the full specs are in the site to which I provided a link in the post immediately above yours. I provided pictures, parts list, airflow video, plywood layout, etc. in the HDDGuru files section, i.e., here: http://files.hddguru.com/download/Other ... mber%20V2/

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.

Larry

angoul wrote:
Hello
I'm interested in your conversation about cleanroom manufacturing.
I have a small question about the engine.
What is its power, do you have a reference?
Do you have pictures with the engine in place and other pictures with more details?

Thank you

_________________
Sabo Computer Repairs & Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: February 10th, 2021, 13:32 
Offline

Joined: December 4th, 2019, 4:15
Posts: 64
Location: France
Thank you for your answer
I've taken a good look at your photos, video and your file
But I don't understand how the air is propelled in relation to the filter. I think there is an engine, but I can't find it on your file. I just find the fan.
As I'm in France, it's not easy to find the equivalence in France of the spare parts.

Thanks again for your support


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: February 10th, 2021, 14:04 
Offline

Joined: December 8th, 2010, 11:37
Posts: 721
Location: Ottawa, Canada
angoul, I guess I'm not understanding what you mean by "engine." If you mean motor that drives the fan, the answer is -- it is built into the fan. The fan is no doubt made in China like everything else these days, so I would be very surprised if there is not a version compatible with your electrical system (220v?). In the worst case, look for a fan with the ability to deliver good air flow under high static pressure. You can always mount it atop the clean chamber, on the outside. Many DIY clean chamber/laminar flow bench projects utilize a squirrel-cage fan-motor assembly like you might find in a small furnace or air conditioner. If you tell me the specs of your electrical system, I may be able to help find a suitable fan.

Larry

angoul wrote:
Thank you for your answer
I've taken a good look at your photos, video and your file
But I don't understand how the air is propelled in relation to the filter. I think there is an engine, but I can't find it on your file. I just find the fan.
As I'm in France, it's not easy to find the equivalence in France of the spare parts.

Thanks again for your support

_________________
Sabo Computer Repairs & Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: February 10th, 2021, 14:27 
Offline

Joined: December 4th, 2019, 4:15
Posts: 64
Location: France
Thank you for your answer
I'll stick with your plan and proposal since it works very well, why go elsewhere

Now back to work, but it won't happen right away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: February 11th, 2021, 7:09 
Offline

Joined: August 31st, 2020, 11:41
Posts: 32
Location: España
LarrySabo wrote:
angoul, I guess I'm not understanding what you mean by "engine." If you mean motor that drives the fan, the answer is -- it is built into the fan. The fan is no doubt made in China like everything else these days, so I would be very surprised if there is not a version compatible with your electrical system (220v?). In the worst case, look for a fan with the ability to deliver good air flow under high static pressure. You can always mount it atop the clean chamber, on the outside. Many DIY clean chamber/laminar flow bench projects utilize a squirrel-cage fan-motor assembly like you might find in a small furnace or air conditioner. If you tell me the specs of your electrical system, I may be able to help find a suitable fan.

Larry

angoul wrote:
Thank you for your answer
I've taken a good look at your photos, video and your file
But I don't understand how the air is propelled in relation to the filter. I think there is an engine, but I can't find it on your file. I just find the fan.
As I'm in France, it's not easy to find the equivalence in France of the spare parts.

Thanks again for your support


Thank you very much LarrySabo.

The model you put the fan also has a 230v version

Here the link of the page.

https://www.circuittest.com/cfa23015055 ... m-fan.html

I am also thinking of integrating a green telescopic light into the cabin and even the sub-lift disc extractor with its vacuum pump and foot switch.

Image
Image

Thank you very much for your help.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: February 11th, 2021, 9:39 
Offline

Joined: December 8th, 2010, 11:37
Posts: 721
Location: Ottawa, Canada
That's great, deVIL! Be sure to show us your completed project. I'm pleased if my information helped. Thanks for the link to the 230c 50/60Hz version of that fan. It should be perfect for use in France.

Cheers, Larry

_________________
Sabo Computer Repairs & Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: February 12th, 2021, 7:52 
Offline

Joined: August 31st, 2020, 11:41
Posts: 32
Location: España
LarrySabo wrote:
That's great, deVIL! Be sure to show us your completed project. I'm pleased if my information helped. Thanks for the link to the 230c 50/60Hz version of that fan. It should be perfect for use in France.

Cheers, Larry


I saw it on the web, that it had a 220v version. I am from Spain and here the voltage is 220v.

I am also looking at the hepa h14 filter, and I have found this page.

https://www.venfilter.es/producto/laminarven-66-mm

It comes in various sizes. I have to ask prices from that provider.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: March 24th, 2021, 4:48 
Offline

Joined: December 4th, 2019, 4:15
Posts: 64
Location: France
Hello
Have you made any progress on your project, I am currently on hold and still looking for information

Sincerely


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: March 25th, 2021, 5:13 
Offline

Joined: August 31st, 2020, 11:41
Posts: 32
Location: España
angoul wrote:
Hello
Have you made any progress on your project, I am currently on hold and still looking for information

Sincerely


Hello.

Are you asking me or LarrySabo?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: March 25th, 2021, 12:36 
Offline

Joined: December 4th, 2019, 4:15
Posts: 64
Location: France
To both of you, but especially to you Devil.

Thank you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: March 26th, 2021, 10:07 
Offline

Joined: December 8th, 2010, 11:37
Posts: 721
Location: Ottawa, Canada
"Have you made any progress on your project, I am currently on hold and still looking for information"

I've said many times that it has been working very well since I built it. No further modifications are required for my use, although I would built it bigger if I were to start over. Exactly what information are you looking for that hasn't already been provided?

Larry

angoul wrote:
To both of you, but especially to you Devil.

Thank you

_________________
Sabo Computer Repairs & Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: March 26th, 2021, 15:10 
Offline

Joined: December 4th, 2019, 4:15
Posts: 64
Location: France
I just wanted to know if you had modified it to improve it
Again, thank you for your photos and plan that you shared


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: March 26th, 2021, 15:16 
Offline

Joined: December 8th, 2010, 11:37
Posts: 721
Location: Ottawa, Canada
angoul wrote:
I just wanted to know if you had modified it to improve it
Again, thank you for your photos and plan that you shared


I did build a V2.1 version that is deeper but narrower, but the only improvements were to use a higher efficiency filter and to put sealed foam weatherstripping between the lid and the body. Otherwise, they were identical.

_________________
Sabo Computer Repairs & Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: March 26th, 2021, 15:46 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: September 8th, 2009, 18:21
Posts: 13117
Location: Australia
Here is a cheap laser particle counter:

https://goughlui.com/2021/03/14/review-teardown-plantower-pms5003-laser-particulate-monitor-sensor/

A Sensirion SPS30 isn't that much more expensive:

https://www.sensirion.com/fileadmin/user_upload/customers/sensirion/Dokumente/9.6_Particulate_Matter/Datasheets/Sensirion_PM_Sensors_Datasheet_SPS30.pdf
https://www.digikey.com.au/product-detail/en/sensirion-ag/SPS30/1649-1106-ND/9598990

_________________
A backup a day keeps DR away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: March 28th, 2021, 11:26 
Offline

Joined: March 2nd, 2020, 6:04
Posts: 20
Location: Sweden
I Laminar flow benches are prohibitively expensive (at least for me). This reduces the cost by more than 90%, with verified air quality to boot. I love it! Thanks, Larry (and everyone else for new ideas and 220V parts list)!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DIY clean chamber, v2
PostPosted: March 29th, 2021, 8:47 
Offline

Joined: December 8th, 2010, 11:37
Posts: 721
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Thanks @drun!

_________________
Sabo Computer Repairs & Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], siamak5561 and 61 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group