All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ROM rebuild on WD15EADS-11R6B1
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2015, 11:14 

Hello folks,

Today I got a WD DragFly4 drive, the original PCB is lost (maybe in the rubbish, the customer thought it'd be a good idea to buy another one and throw the original away). The good news are the donor PCB with donor ROM are good enough to gain access to SA - After a module search, I've got 2 good copies of all SA modules, including MOD 109 (ROM image). It seems this ROM image has some important modules uninitialized (MOD 47, for instance). Automatic ROM rebuild from SA data with PC3K is not helping, and I don't have a good donor right now in order to try a hot swap. I guess SA translator is somewhat compatible from other drives most of the times (no defects in SA); adaptives seems to be OK since it reads SA tracks fast and good; the problem I think is just the SA pointer.

Can any one point me in the right direction to get the drive reading?

Cheers

Post subject: Re: ROM rebuild on WD15EADS-11R6B1
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2015, 15:38 

Never mind, I found out. I got messed up with the FW version numbers. Thanks for the tips ; )

P.S.: Full read access now (well, save the fact it is encrypted and password protected); note it has a rare head map I had to guess out (all 8 heads installed): H0, H3, H4, H5, H6 and H7.