Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

January 7th, 2016, 3:26

I've tested the Head Map on 5450A7 drive. (HTS545050A7380), the head map at the same location like you posted for 7250A7/5410A9.
Yes, the head map is in different location for this SERIES. If I could arrange a working HDD from the same family, comparison would be precise

There is no utility for 5410A7 so far. That's why it was accessed through BASIC/UNKNOWN FAMILY mode.
If this one is LOADED with the BASIC/UNKNOWN FAMILY, then it IDS, SN, FW, but CAPACITY 0.

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

January 7th, 2016, 4:32

Which tool are you using? I'm guessing something buggy like MRT?

PC3K finds the head map fine, even on an old version using HTS545050xxxxx utility

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

January 7th, 2016, 5:27

pcimage wrote:Which tool are you using? I'm guessing something buggy like MRT?

PC3K finds the head map fine, even on an old version using HTS545050xxxxx utility


Yes, in this case, it's MRT

Well, I believe this series is unsupported by PC3k as well. But I saw somewhere PC3k can access SA by other utility "5450A7" for this new series.
Question is that, the head map location is in different offset for this drive unlike other drives. For the utility 5450A7 by pc3k can access same offset value, does it really read the other offset?

There is what my confusion, is it REALLY BUG for the tool or problem with the drive itself?

Update:
I've enabled PUIS on this drive now, the Drive IDs under direct access by the tool (without utility selection). But the CAP is 0, SN/FW reads fine. The HEAD MAP reads give same output (as it's reading from offset 0x680). The info were accessed from PCB, that's why it's IDs now.

NO SA ACCESS... so far

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

October 25th, 2016, 10:03

Hello!
I have a patient with a same problem.
Drive spins up, no head moving, but it's ready right after finishing speed up process.

Clipboard02.jpg


Has anyone a solution for this?
Thanks!

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

October 25th, 2016, 11:57

I have. Did you check pcb and heads?

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

October 25th, 2016, 14:25

I have checked PCB, but i did not see any strange.
I'm not opened the drive yet, because i dont hear any unusual except, the HSA does not move from ramp.

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

October 25th, 2016, 14:58

you should try to change heads.

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

October 25th, 2016, 16:49

drHDD wrote:you should try to change heads.



Thanks!
Is this the solution? Strange thing is, the HSA is not move from ramp to platters.
At this moment i don't have a donor for this drive......
If this is not a fw related problem, then i have to wait till i can buy a donor drive for a value price.
Thanks again....

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

November 9th, 2016, 5:01

With donor PCB, the patient's HSA moves to platter.....so i think this is a PCB related problem.

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

November 9th, 2016, 12:12

saltwater wrote:With donor PCB, the patient's HSA moves to platter.....so i think this is a PCB related problem.


saltwater wrote:I have checked PCB, but i did not see any strange.


???

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

November 11th, 2016, 8:48

Transferring ROM chip to a healthy PCB is not solved the problem....

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

November 17th, 2016, 13:53

saltwater wrote:Transferring ROM chip to a healthy PCB is not solved the problem....


Hi Dear Friend Saltwater.

its looks like same issue which few month ago i resolved with many rnd.
your problem looks similar like my case.

if you change patient pcb with donor with nvram swap your donor works ok that mean patient pcb is ok.
if you use patient nvram with donor pcb and connect to patient then patient not power on. but if you connect ur patient nvram with patient pcb with donor then donor spinning well. that mean nvram is ok.
if you check both patient and donor nvram everything looks ok even checksum. and then if you think its head issue.
if you change head stack then also same condition. then if you think its an faulty motor issue and if you swap platter on donor then also same issue drive not power on. lol
if you want to test u can do all above test. this is very headechfull issue.

Yours Friend
Jignesh Pankhania

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

November 17th, 2016, 16:24

jignesh wrote:
saltwater wrote:Transferring ROM chip to a healthy PCB is not solved the problem....


Hi Dear Friend Saltwater.

its looks like same issue which few month ago i resolved with many rnd.
your problem looks similar like my case.

if you change patient pcb with donor with nvram swap your donor works ok that mean patient pcb is ok.
if you use patient nvram with donor pcb and connect to patient then patient not power on. but if you connect ur patient nvram with patient pcb with donor then donor spinning well. that mean nvram is ok.
if you check both patient and donor nvram everything looks ok even checksum. and then if you think its head issue.
if you change head stack then also same condition. then if you think its an faulty motor issue and if you swap platter on donor then also same issue drive not power on. lol
if you want to test u can do all above test. this is very headechfull issue.

Yours Friend
Jignesh Pankhania


How did you solve it then ?

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

November 17th, 2016, 17:33

Szia Sósvíz!
Miért nem cserélsz benne fejet? Nem egy nagy történet... :)

Próbáld meg a páci pcb-t egy donoron (páci ROM, NVRAMmal), ha mozgatja a fejet, akkor fej probléma, ha nem akkor más.
SN-t nézted, stimmel?

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

November 24th, 2016, 9:43

pepe wrote:Szia Sósvíz!
Miért nem cserélsz benne fejet? Nem egy nagy történet... :)

Próbáld meg a páci pcb-t egy donoron (páci ROM, NVRAMmal), ha mozgatja a fejet, akkor fej probléma, ha nem akkor más.
SN-t nézted, stimmel?



I'm not changed HSA because i dont have a right HSA donor.
With patient PCB the donor drive did a same issue as patient (with patient ROM and NVRam)
With donor PCB on patient drive (with donor ROM and NVRam) the HSA moves to platter, so i think patient HSA is good.
......but it does not matter now, because i had to give patient drive back.

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

November 24th, 2016, 13:23

ok.
pepe

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

May 15th, 2019, 9:26

After 3 years, I got exactly same case, same model... Whats your progress about this model?

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

May 16th, 2019, 15:57

shahij wrote:After 3 years, I got exactly same case, same model... Whats your progress about this model?

Can you upload the ROM/NVRAM? I can test the checksum for you.

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

May 16th, 2019, 19:16

mopa34500 wrote:
shahij wrote:After 3 years, I got exactly same case, same model... Whats your progress about this model?

Can you upload the ROM/NVRAM? I can test the checksum for you.

See https://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38412

Re: HTS541010A7E630 (NEWEST MODEL)

May 17th, 2019, 18:25

Follow the link as fzabkar gave
Post a reply