All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WD hdd strange problem
PostPosted: October 19th, 2016, 18:26 

Hi, i have a 2.5" WD scorpio blue with model number WD5000BEVT that failing in strange way. i did scanned the hdd and know that it has some bad sector in it (smart attribute current pending sector shows couple hundred number), so i'm going to recover the drive, but i give up because the scan is always stuck at 0 %. So i declare that the hdd is not recoverable (using software method) so i left the hdd for a while (about a month). then just for curiosity i do the recovery again and the scan went through the whole drive and i was be able to recover all the data from it, i scratched my head, how could this happen? and checked the current pending sector again, and the couple hundred number that i remember before is change to 5. and now the hdd is working like normal drive again. So is this always happen to WD or it just luck??because recently i have 3.5" WD5000AVVS hdd that unable to perform recovery as well, scan reported ABRT. do i need to wait for it like the other drive before?is there any other way to retrieve the data from?
Thank you...