Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: WD My Passport Decryption Tool

May 27th, 2020, 15:52

Hi Roberto!

Are you still helping to decrypt WD drives?

My mybook 3TB usb interface has stopped working, I never entered any password so it's the standard and there is no s.m.a.r.t errors.
You can contact me at mickecx@gmail.com

July 2nd, 2020, 15:06

hello Roberto. I just joined the board to get in to contact regarding your Decryption tool. I have a WD MyBook II 4TB unit that I am very interested in recovering. I will get you any data you like, but can't see where to download the file.

many thanks!

joe

Roberto wrote:Because there were some further questions, I want to clarify some:

There are 2 Options to use my Decryption Service:

1.Option
----------
The user or dr-company sends his drive to me and I'm doing all the work for decryption.
No need for the user to deal with the matter.

2.Option
----------
If the user or data recovery company has some skills in handling password protected drives,
then the procedure can be as follows:

- The User is taking an image from a protected drive
At this stage the image is somehow "useless" because it is encrypted.

- The User sends me only 2 special sectors from his image
From this 2 sectors I can compute or extract the correct encryption key with my Passport-Breaker-Tool.

- After my tool has found the key, the user receives the "happy" message that his key could be found
Now he can pay.

- After he paid, he receives the correct encryption key and the image decryption tool
With the correct drive encryption key in his hand, the tool can now decrypt his image.
Now his image is not useless anymore... because it contains all his data... unencrypted.
He can now mount his data or restore it to another drive.
In some rare cases if the MBR was destroyed on his drive he has to search for lost files or lost partitions before he can access his data.

Advantages
-------------

- The user can retain his data if he has forgotten the password
--> In most cases there is no need to know the user password, my Passport-Breaker-Tool can obtain the correct drive key without the user password

- For the second option there is no need to give the data (or the hdd) out of the hand.

- In many cases the encrypted data can be accessed with the original usb bridge
--> No need to buy a compatible usb donor or connect to a compatible SATA board

- In the other cases there is no need to get the original usb bridge working (or a compatible donor)
--> The encrypted data of the HDD can be accessed with a compatible SATA board

- There is no need for the user to handle with the different encryption chips (JMicron, Initio (INIC), Symwave, PLX (OXUF))
--> The different handling for the different chip types is all done by my passport-breaker-tool (see video above).

I hope I could clarify some.

Best Regards,
Roberto

July 5th, 2020, 23:37

Hi Roberto,
I have a 1TB WD My Passport drive for which I have spent the last two years trying to remember the password. The pictures of our trip to Nepal are there and nowhere else!
Please contact me at gandalf974@gmail.com with information on what would be involved in each of the options you have for your WD Password Breaker and what the cost would be.
Thank you and stay well!

August 11th, 2020, 15:17

Hi Roberto!

I have two WD Elements 4TB drives ( wdbu6y0040bbk-oa ) which I have forgotten the passwords for. Could you please email me with options on recovery? cabaynes@hotmail.com

Thank you so much

August 11th, 2020, 23:54

stokedxiv wrote:Hi Roberto!

I have two WD Elements 4TB drives ( wdbu6y0040bbk-oa ) which I have forgotten the passwords for. Could you please email me with options on recovery? <!-- e --><a href="mailto:cabaynes@hotmail.com">cabaynes@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->

Thank you so much
Hi Roberto.
i haven't heard back from you, and have decided that I'd like to pursue option 1 - shipping my drive to you for decryption. Please get back to me with a quote and instructions.
Thank you

August 12th, 2020, 2:51

I have two WD Elements 4TB drives ( wdbu6y0040bbk-oa ) which I have forgotten the passwords for. Could you please email me with options on recovery? cabaynes@hotmail.com

Thank you so much

FYI, Elements comes without password tool, My Passport only comes with password options

August 14th, 2020, 6:21

anon93 wrote:may i have an offer? i need to unlock my passport :(

Can I have your email?

August 14th, 2020, 6:23

DrWizarrd wrote:Hi Roberto, is the decryption software still available

Yes of course :)

August 14th, 2020, 6:24

dasp33 wrote:Roberto,

How much would it cost to decrypt my WD Passport if I sent it to you. I have forgotten my password for it and has a lot of memories on it that I would like to get back off it.

Please send me your email if you have still interest in decrypting your hdd.

August 14th, 2020, 6:25

n051172 wrote:Hi Roberto,
How to contact you? Can you let us know your email address?

Thanks,
ND

I prefer to get your email address

August 14th, 2020, 6:26

gandalf974 wrote:

I have two WD Elements 4TB drives ( wdbu6y0040bbk-oa ) which I have forgotten the passwords for. Could you please email me with options on recovery? <!-- e --><a href="mailto:cabaynes@hotmail.com">cabaynes@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->

Thank you so much
Hi Roberto.
i haven't heard back from you, and have decided that I'd like to pursue option 1 - shipping my drive to you for decryption. Please get back to me with a quote and instructions.
Thank you

I have wrote you an email.

August 14th, 2020, 6:27

Thank you so much

I have wrote you an email.

August 14th, 2020, 6:33

joefox97 wrote:hello Roberto. I just joined the board to get in to contact regarding your Decryption tool. I have a WD MyBook II 4TB unit that I am very interested in recovering. I will get you any data you like, but can't see where to download the file.

many thanks!

joe

The decryption tool is not avaiable for free anymore.
You get it if you pay for your decryption case.

September 9th, 2020, 4:41

Hi Roberto,

You have PM, please respond.

October 8th, 2020, 4:09

I have attached sectors 0,1, from my wd mybook 6tb hard drive. is decryption possilble.
Attachments
Data.rar
Encrypted sectors 0,1
(1.11 KiB) Downloaded 1286 times

October 27th, 2020, 13:58

thinclient wrote:I have attached sectors 0,1, from my wd mybook 6tb hard drive. is decryption possilble.

Can you please upload a picture of the hdd label?

December 7th, 2020, 19:44

Hi Roberto,

can you reach out? I am happy to pay for the services. joe@webcruiser.org.

Thanks!

joe

Roberto wrote:
joefox97 wrote:hello Roberto. I just joined the board to get in to contact regarding your Decryption tool. I have a WD MyBook II 4TB unit that I am very interested in recovering. I will get you any data you like, but can't see where to download the file.

many thanks!

joe

The decryption tool is not avaiable for free anymore.
You get it if you pay for your decryption case.

December 14th, 2020, 7:49

Roberto, You tool can decrypt image from PC3K from WD20SDRW new V2 encryption ???

December 17th, 2020, 6:40

Roberto - You can contact with me???

December 21st, 2020, 8:00

tweety wrote:Roberto, You tool can decrypt image from PC3K from WD20SDRW new V2 encryption ???

I fear not if you mean the none repeating encryption scheme (when saying V2).

At the moment this encryption system ist not supported by my software.
Post a reply