Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Reconditioning drives

March 14th, 2017, 6:36

Hello All,

What is the right procedure to in your opinion for reconditioning Seagate/Hitachi drive? Should I start from clearing G-List and P-list and then surface scan for defects or start right away from merging G-list to P list and then surface scan and adding the new defects to P-list after scan?

Thanks

Re: Reconditioning drives

March 14th, 2017, 8:14

eyal wrote:Hello All,

What is the right procedure to in your opinion for reconditioning Seagate/Hitachi drive? Should I start from clearing G-List and P-list and then surface scan for defects or start right away from merging G-list to P list and then surface scan and adding the new defects to P-list after scan?

Thanks

You want sell?

March 14th, 2017, 11:03

yes, for resell purpose, no data recovery.

March 14th, 2017, 15:06

Why throw drives with few bad sectors? Those are 500gb and 1tb drives, not 80gb drives. I'll take a look at the links you sent. Thanks.

March 15th, 2017, 9:10

How to check WD drives are brand new or refurbished one ? I have purchased several of them but they don't look they are brand new.
(older 160GB IDE caviar series
Post a reply