Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Please help with Barracuda 7200.11 500 Gb

April 15th, 2017, 12:26

Hello, this is HFact and I'm new to this great forum ...

As my title says I need help with this hard drive, I have to mention that I have lost it for a year, but reading and reading I think my data is recoverable, at least some.

First of all this is the Hard Disk Drive info:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500 Gb
S/N: 9QM...
ST3500620AS
P/N: 9BX144-505
Firmware: SD25
Date Code: 08396
CSO: 1106-5
WWN: 5000C50009F4F280
Site Code: KRATSG
PCB: 100466725 REV A DLAJ-4

The problem with this hard drive was that the BIOS recognized it but indicated 0mb, I tried to recover it with the "0 LBA" method, however the BIOS no longer recognizes it, I do not know what happened or what I did wrong. The point is that I want to try again but this time changing the PCB, I found on AliExpress a very similar PCB, but my doubt and/or question is the following:

Thinking to replacing the corrupt PCB by the "new one"... Will I have problems with the firmware? And if so ... How could I fix it?

I apologize but I'm not a very advanced user in the world of hard disks.

Thank you for your response and have a great day.

Best regards.

Re: Please help with Barracuda 7200.11 500 Gb

April 15th, 2017, 14:10

First of all, you could destroy all your data following hints from this forum.
How is your drive behaving: Spins up, clicking, keeps spinning ?

If you replace your pcb you also need to move ROM or ROM data to new pcb.

April 15th, 2017, 17:27

@HFact, what messages are you getting via terminal?

April 17th, 2017, 14:05

digisupport wrote:First of all, you could destroy all your data following hints from this forum.
How is your drive behaving: Spins up, clicking, keeps spinning ?

If you replace your pcb you also need to move ROM or ROM data to new pcb.

Firstly Thanks for your response, I'm so sorry but I was busy...

No, the Disk isn't spinning now, when I connect the Drive to the power supply doesn't nothing, I can feel only a little heat in the PCB but nothing else.

Best regards.

April 17th, 2017, 14:24

fzabkar wrote:@HFact, what messages are you getting via terminal?

Thanks for your reply fzabkar ... Nothing, no message is returned from the terminal now, I was only able to communicate once via terminal without success (no messages returned). So after that (the next day) I tried to communicate again via terminal but then the Hard Disk was no longer recognized by the BIOS. Any ideas?

Best regards.

April 17th, 2017, 15:35

Marcale a Beto, es lo mas seguro para que puedas recuperar tu infomacion. Esta en la Condesa
8421 4736
IT & Data Services Laboratorio de Recuperación de Datos

April 17th, 2017, 17:11

@HFact, it appears that your PCB may now be dead. This may or may not be related to something you have done. If you could upload a detailed photo of your own PCB, I could help you measure some test points to help confirm that the board is indeed faulty.
Post a reply