Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Data corruption after System Area Damage

May 22nd, 2017, 7:04

Hi everyone, I need help to know if we can recover data from a hard drive that has experienced system area media damage due to scratch platters. HDD was cloned but data turned out to be corrupted after cloning the drive. Anyway to fix this? A million thanks in advance for the advices

Re: Data corruption after System Area Damage

May 22nd, 2017, 11:22

share full detail of the hard drive !

May 22nd, 2017, 11:33

sabbath87 wrote:media damage due to scratch platters. HDD was cloned

This statement is a little contradictory.

May 22nd, 2017, 13:16

it is a seagate barracuda 3TB. DM series.

HDD was imaged minus the scratched parts, after which data was found to corrupted. Do you guys know how to make it readable?

May 22nd, 2017, 13:40

it is really a good work if you have imaged a DM series drive with scratch on media.
is all the data is corrupted ?

May 22nd, 2017, 16:11

yeah...I got tired of inconstant statements and questions both here and on tomshardware that I just stopped responding.

May 23rd, 2017, 12:05

"...I got tired of inconstant statements and questions both here and on tomshardware that I just stopped responding..." Is it possible that you received:
-- advice coming from several different vantage points?
-- advice meant to be followed serially, sequentially?

May 23rd, 2017, 15:55

RolandJS wrote:"...I got tired of inconstant statements and questions both here and on tomshardware that I just stopped responding..." Is it possible that you received:
-- advice coming from several different vantage points?
-- advice meant to be followed serially, sequentially?

Why would the OP be posting questions from different vantage points? If they choose to ignore the answers and continue to ask the same questions, I stop giving advice.

May 23rd, 2017, 16:42

"Why would the OP be posting questions from different vantage points?"
OP not necessarily; however, often, the answers, coming from different folks, might be coming from ways they see the situation, ways they would approach the situation, hence my earlier reference to different vantage points.
Post a reply