All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Diagnostic Port Locked" ST5000DM000
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2017, 11:35 

Don't get many of these in, but trying to access system file 93, and get "diagnostic port locked" Have the latest PC3K, but the grenada solution doesn't appear to be compatible with this drive. Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: "Diagnostic Port Locked" ST5000DM000
PostPosted: June 12th, 2017, 11:39 

yes, outsource it. There currently is no commercial tools to support this. There is no quick fix/trick to gain access as the FW locked down the drive and very few people that have a solution.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2017, 8:58 

NO IDEAS :| :| :| :| :| I ALREADY TIRED IN THIS PROBLEM

SOLUTION ONLY GIVE PC-3000

THERE IS NO TERMINAL COMMAND ::::::::::::::::::::::: I THINK IF READ MODULE 93 AND MAKE SOME CHANGES PROBLEM IS SOLVED BUT I TOTALLY CONFUSED + IF I CHANGING IS IN BIOS I THINK PROBLEM SOLVED ???????????????????????????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

PostPosted: June 20th, 2017, 21:24 

galaxy wrote:

THERE IS NO TERMINAL COMMAND ::::::::::::::::::::::: I THINK IF READ MODULE 93 AND MAKE SOME CHANGES PROBLEM IS SOLVED BUT I TOTALLY CONFUSED + IF I CHANGING IS IN BIOS I THINK PROBLEM SOLVED ???????????????????????????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well,
Advise of the Day " Internet Ethics Says "Writing In Capital Letters Means You Are Shouting On The Community " .

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 9:47 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 13:23 

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
galaxy wrote:

Well,
Advise of the Day " Internet Ethics Says "Writing In Capital Letters Means You Are Shouting On The Community " .

+1

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 14:05 

Spildit wrote:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
(...)
Well,

What About Starting Each Word With A Capital Letter ?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Some People Just Like To Do It That Way Because They Think It's Cute, Funny, Cool, Or It's A Bad Habit They Can't Control, They Weren't Taught Proper Capitalization Or Suffer OCD With The Shift Key
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 14:14 

Wouldn't the data recovery community be a better place if people actually shared their knowledge with each other?

We'd all be having 20-30% better success rates and making more money, with less wasted time on R&D, if we just shared what we know with each other. But, a few people always want to horde what they figure out to themselves (such as how to unlock these) hoping that someone will be willing to pay their $5000 rate to unlock it for you. I've personally just decided to not acknowledge these guys. I won't even recommend a customer to them if I believe they have the solution (often these guys are just lying and saying they have a solution when they really don't).

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 14:17 

galaxy wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now you're yelling your laughter at us! :lol:

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 16:50 

data-medics wrote:
Wouldn't the data recovery community be a better place if people actually shared their knowledge with each other?

We'd all be having 20-30% better success rates and making more money, with less wasted time on R&D, if we just shared what we know with each other. But, a few people always want to horde what they figure out to themselves (such as how to unlock these) hoping that someone will be willing to pay their $5000 rate to unlock it for you. I've personally just decided to not acknowledge these guys. I won't even recommend a customer to them if I believe they have the solution (often these guys are just lying and saying they have a solution when they really don't).

I see your post as hypocritical. You expect the DR community to freely share their R&D with you, yet the DR community shares not even their most trivial "secrets" with the wider population. In fact why do you have a secret section on your forum?

When Spildit and I do "R&D" in our various threads, you denounce our efforts as pointless duplication. If you were to do similar work of your own, then perhaps you wouldn't be so slavishly reliant on the work of others.

The following thread illustrates my point.

JPEG Repair Service:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33169

I'll be keeping an eye out for your tutorials and in-depth technical articles.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2017, 18:53 

data-medics wrote:

Most people who want the knowledge(that they don't know) to be shared cannot give anything to the sharing person in return
Only a few people can be useful to each other and those people already sharing, just not with everybody

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 15:00 

Doomer wrote:
Most people who want the knowledge(that they don't know) to be shared cannot give anything to the sharing person in return
Only a few people can be useful to each other and those people already sharing, just not with everybody

It means that you are useful to nobody since you know everything.... :D

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 15:18 

fzabkar wrote:
data-medics wrote:

I see your post as hypocritical. You expect the DR community to freely share their R&D with you, yet the DR community shares not even their most trivial "secrets" with the wider population. In fact why do you have a secret section on your forum?

When Spildit and I do "R&D" in our various threads, you denounce our efforts as pointless duplication. If you were to do similar work of your own, then perhaps you wouldn't be so slavishly reliant on the work of others.

The following thread illustrates my point.

JPEG Repair Service:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33169

I'll be keeping an eye out for your tutorials and in-depth technical articles.

I'd gladly share my jpeg repairing technique with anyone who's willing to share with me how they unlock Seagate diagnostic ports. Or rebuild a missing Seagate F3 ROM code. :D

As to why I've got a secrets section, I didn't create the status quo I just operate within it. Why should I post everything I know freely for all to see when they refuse to do the same? Anyone who is a knowledgeable, trustworthy, contributing member of my forum can be voted in to get access to the section. The guys saying, "I know how to fix that but I won't tell you, you have to outsource it to me" can stay the hell out. You two (Spildit and Fzabkar) aren't on my forum, so I don't know what you're complaining about. Maybe if you came on over you'd be quickly voted in.

The section was really created just for the sake of those who are willing to share something on a more limited basis but without making it public knowledge. Half the content is discussing cases and was only posted there because the OP didn't want to risk a customer reading it.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 15:35 

Doomer wrote:
data-medics wrote:

I see from your linked in profile that you used to work for Seagate. So you helped to develop the crap drives that you now get paid to fix and recover data from. Good job, your supreme knowledge is really paying off.

The rest of us are constantly trying to guess what those idiots did, you actually know because you were there.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 16:46 

data-medics wrote:
I'd gladly share my jpeg repairing technique with anyone who's willing to share with me how they unlock Seagate diagnostic ports. Or rebuild a missing Seagate F3 ROM code. :D

The knowledge you are trying to sell can be downloaded as freeware, together with detailed step-by-step instructions.

Step-by-step instructions for JPEG Repair Shop:
http://anderspedersen.net/jpegrepair/instructions/

AISI, you have nothing of value to trade. In any case, repairing JPEGs is not even remotely as valuable as repairing ROMs or unlocking diagnostic ports.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 16:48 

Quote:
I see from your linked in profile that you used to work for Seagate. So you helped to develop the crap drives that you now get paid to fix and recover data from.

No, he did not help developing anything you are refering. SRS is completely separate from seagate. They don't even get rom codes from their parent. And still unable to recover any roms as far as i know.
Look, we need to make some difference when there are DR shops at each corner. And this difference is custom knowledge.
Take the time and you will be able to do the things you wanna get.
There is something in what Doomer said, namely that most people can give nothing in return. He meant nothing he doesn't know already.
There's no Nobel prize for data recovery so we need to live on what we research.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 17:06 

fzabkar wrote:
In any case, repairing JPEGs is not even remotely as valuable as repairing ROMs or unlocking diagnostic ports.

I never said it was as valuable. You're the one who brought up the fact that I didn't spell out how to do that in detail.

All I said was, it'd be nice if everyone was willing to share what they knew. I don't doubt that there are one or two guys out there who can rebuild a lost F3 ROM code, and it's a special skill indeed. But, I have yet to find a customer willing to pay $2-3K for that service. So the case just gets dumped and no one makes any money off of it, period. If there was more sharing, and more of us could do this sort of thing armed with that knowledge, it'd amount to more money being injected into the industry in the end. Then I could be researching something else, instead of trying to re-invent something that someone else already knows, and then I could be sharing that information with the community. That's all I'm saying, plain and simple.

I think our industry as a whole could learn a lot from the guys in the programming world. They share like crazy, and they all can churn out more programs as a result. In data recovery, we have even less to lose by sharing as much of this work is regional (unlike programming). If I show a guy in Germany how to do something, it's unlikely to hurt my business as I'd probably never get that customer to use a company here in the USA anyway.

Last edited by data-medics on June 22nd, 2017, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 17:11 

data-medics wrote:
Doomer wrote:
data-medics wrote:

I see from your linked in profile that you used to work for Seagate. So you helped to develop the crap drives that you now get paid to fix and recover data from. Good job, your supreme knowledge is really paying off.

The rest of us are constantly trying to guess what those idiots did, you actually know because you were there.

I personally know Doomer, what you saying that he helped developed the crappy drive seagate is producing is laughable!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 17:15 

hdd_sand wrote:
data-medics wrote:
Doomer wrote:
data-medics wrote:

I personally know Doomer, what you saying that he helped developed the crappy drive seagate is producing is laughable!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe he never worked on that. I really don't know the guy from Adam. All I know is that very often, guys making condescending remarks like his are basing their superior intellect on knowledge that was just given to them anyway.

You really think that Seagate keeps 100% separation of their manufacturing and data recovery businesses? If you believe that I've got a bridge I want to sell you.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2017, 17:22 

I don't work for Seagate for more than two years, so you can take your accusations and shove them where they belong.