All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MHDD on VMware
PostPosted: June 6th, 2017, 0:08 

Hi guys.

I´m new in the forum but i has been using MHDD since 5 years, and it´s a magic tool for recover HDD´s :cool: , some clients and friends ask me to change theirs hard drives cause "It´s broken" and i scan it whit MHDD and... i fix it, in some cases say´s me to change the drive cause they don´t trust in the repair i do, any way, a few monts ago i had a computer for use MHDD and another tools for recover, cloning and repair HDD´s, but now it´s broken and i need my another computer for work in another stuff, now i think "why not use MHDD on VMware?" and i tried; I mounted the image on a virtual machine but don't work... i have no ide why, i ask you for help.

Someone tried to use MHDD on WMware an had succes on it?

(sorry for my bad english, i'm trying to learn the language :( )

Extra info

I´m have using the 12.0 version of VMware and the next configuration:
-Guest operating system: microsoft windows 98 (for more compatibility, i has tried windows 7 [x86 and x64] windows vista [x86 and x64] and windows XP [x86 and x64])
-number of procesors 1
-number of cores per procesor: 1
-RAM size: 2048
-I/O controler types; SCSI Controller: BusLogic (i have not idea if this configuration make it don't work, but i can´t skip it)
-virtual disk type: SATA (I tried also IDE but dosn't work, any way i not use the virtual drive)
-disk: create a new (i add the drive that i want to scan later).

Post subject: Re: MHDD on VMware
PostPosted: June 6th, 2017, 18:51 

Hmm, I think it will not work. MHDD needs direct access to the drive you want to test, and with VMware and the operational system running, you don´t have that. You can make a bootable cd / usb drive to use it.

Post subject: Re: MHDD on VMware
PostPosted: June 7th, 2017, 23:34 

rogfanther wrote:
Hmm, I think it will not work. MHDD needs direct access to the drive you want to test, and with VMware and the operational system running, you don´t have that. You can make a bootable cd / usb drive to use it.

You have reason, seeing the documentation, says that MHDD doesn't uses the BIOS for acces to the HDD.

MHDD acces to the controler then to the HDD, I will use MHDD as usually i do and in the way that always has worked for me.

Thank you very much,if anybody have succes using MHDD on VMware, please share what configuration used to.