All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: need help with WD RED
PostPosted: June 13th, 2017, 1:10 

hello everyone i'm a new member and this is my first topic :mrgreen:

I got a WD MY CLOUD 2tb version, i stored many files including videos, pictures etc... i used the device (my cloud) for couple months without any problems THEN SUDDENLY it stopped working and the led was blinking red. then i couldn't use the device anymore. so when i searched on the manual of the My Cloud device i found that blinking red means the hdd is damaged..

i extracted the hdd from the device and connected in manually in my laptop using 3.5 hdd enclosure and i got nothing !!. i opened the Disk Management and it asked me for initializing the disk.. i didn't.. then i noticed (in the same place "Disk Management") that the drive is just around 900gb!! but it's 2tb version as shown in the pictures below..

i tested the drive with HD tune Pro and i checked the drive for errors but it took around an hour for less than 1/4 of the total space and all the sectors were in red so i stopped the scan (assuming that all sectors will shown in red. i have took couple screenshots and included the link below.. also i have recorded the sound of the hdd

note:
1- the My Cloud device was running almost 24/7
2- the sound of the hdd that i have recorded.. i recorded it when the hdd was in the enclosure
the first click sound in the second number 2 is the power button of the enclosure.. so the hdd sound will start from the 3rd second .. the noticeable noise of the hdd will last for couple seconds then the drive will just stop making any noise..

pictures
https://goo.gl/epxVDJ

hdd sound
https://soundcloud.com/user-665045105/hdd-sound

all files above are compressed in zip file and attached below..

plz help me to fix it and let me know if anything is not clear and i'm a beginner in HDDs :roll: :roll:
thx

Attachments:
File comment: pictures + sound
HDD.zip [5.79 MiB]
Downloaded 397 times

Post subject: Re: need help with WD RED
PostPosted: June 13th, 2017, 15:58 

SGT00110001 wrote:
plz help me to fix it

send it to a data recovery pro/company

PostPosted: June 14th, 2017, 14:18 

jermy wrote:
SGT00110001 wrote:
plz help me to fix it

send it to a data recovery pro/company

Agree, not DIY

New!! HDD-PCB.COM for all your PCB and donor HDD requirements!

PostPosted: June 14th, 2017, 19:41 

It will be better if I repair it by myself as it's not crashed completely or destroyed and there is no services near me so I have to send it and all that stuff etc..

PostPosted: June 15th, 2017, 1:25 

Sorry, but as you've been told twice, you can't fix it yourself.

Sorry you don't like the answer, but you came here for advice, right?

The drive has physical issues and the more you tinker with it, the more damage you will cause.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2017, 11:34 

Yes brother I have been told twice about sending it to Data Recvery Service but I Haven't been told that I can fix it by myself..

It's not about liking the answer or not .. I told you before .. there is no such service near me so I have to send it to a good place.. I have to wait until it reach the company .. I have to wait so they can repair it .. I have to wait more to get it back and all the charges on me !! So I figured out to come here first asking for a solution.

By the way THX...

PostPosted: June 15th, 2017, 17:36 

SGT00110001 wrote:
It will be better if I repair it by myself as it's not crashed completely or destroyed and there is no services near me so I have to send it and all that stuff etc..

There is nothing you can do your self in this case, heads inside the drive is dead...minimum.

SGT00110001 wrote:
Yes brother I have been told twice about sending it to Data Recvery Service but I Haven't been told that I can fix it by myself..

It's not about liking the answer or not .. I told you before .. there is no such service near me so I have to send it to a good place.. I have to wait until it reach the company .. I have to wait so they can repair it .. I have to wait more to get it back and all the charges on me !! So I figured out to come here first asking for a solution.

By the way THX...

If you value your data, a Recovery service is your only hope, so if not any service is near you'll need to send it away, if you don't want that just put it on the shelf until a service is open near you.
You can come here to ask for advice but it's not equal to a solution.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2017, 1:48 

SGT00110001 wrote:

By the way THX...

Whereabouts are you btw?

PostPosted: June 18th, 2017, 19:29 

pcimage wrote:
SGT00110001 wrote:

By the way THX...

Whereabouts are you btw?

from Oman brother