All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: the new PC-USB-Terminal III adapter !!
PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 8:42 

Folks ,
Any one know What is the the new PC-USB-Terminal III adapter - terminal frequencies: 3Mbaud, and 6Mbaud , that ACE lab mention in the new update details ?

Post subject: Re: the new PC-USB-Terminal III adapter !!
PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 10:21 

Tawfeek wrote:
Folks ,
Any one know What is the the new PC-USB-Terminal III adapter - terminal frequencies: 3Mbaud, and 6Mbaud , that ACE lab mention in the new update details ?

Well,
No Idea ,Might Be We Will Need To Email Them ,What a Blasting Update They Released Out Of the World Mind Blowing

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 15:42 

Amarbir,

You must get out more if this news is blowing your mind.

Honest question: How do you get any recovery work done when you are on all topics on all forums?

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 17:20 

Wow, it only took 10 years for AceLab to work out that a 3.3V LVTTL adapter (based around a CP2102 chip) isn't appropriate for 2.5V or 1.8V interfaces.

Prolific's PL2303HXD (Rev D) has been around since 2007.

https://www.silabs.com/documents/public ... cp2104.pdf (2Mbps, 1.8V)
http://www.prolific.com.tw/UserFiles/fi ... v1_4_4.pdf (6Mbps, 1.8V)

BTW, you can buy an adapter based on the PL2303HXD (Rev D) for US$2.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 17:39 

I know, its nothing that special

Amarbir =

Attachments:
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif [ 4.37 MiB | Viewed 14100 times ]

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 19:20 

Well,
For You It Might Not Be Special But For Us Who Really Work And Were Fedup With The Inflow Of Rosewoods Its a Great Deal ,Not everyone Here Is Into Reverse Engineering And Developing Custom Solutions .If You Know How To Unlock All Seagate Drive Then Its Good For You Cos I Do Not Care a Bit Who You Are and What All You Know .I Just Know That This New Update Is Still Better Then All The DR Tools Out There .As Far As How i Get The Work Done If i Am All Over Is Simple Get a Ticket To India ,Head Straight To Chandigarh From Nation Capital ,Sit On The Office Chair ,Watch Me And My Team Work ,Understand How i Work Inspite of Being All Over "Although There Are Others Too But you Never Picked Them " . Then Getout And Head Back To Florida ,Its So Simple ....

PS : The Only thing I See You Doing Is Picking Up On Guys Like Me ,Jared And Nothing Constructive In This Forum .Go Take Some Rest .I and Tawfeek Are discussing About A Terminal Adapter .

For Frank ,
Frank Might Be That The Drives Are Not Able To Work And That High Speed But Now With These New Marvell Chips They Are ,Even In The MRT Ultra Tool Installation Videos I Made On My Youtube Channel i did Educate People That They Can Fetch Latest Drivers For The SI Labs USB To Serial Controllers From Silabs Website .Also IMHO Only FDTI ,Prolific ,Maxim And SI Labs Make The Vast Majority of These USB/Serial IC's

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 19:59 

Amarbir, I am not trying to pick on you. I only thought your excitement was amusing and i was only referring to the terminal adapter since thats what the topic of this forum was, not new ace update for rosewood. I apologize if i have upset you.

I spend many, many hours performing R&D and recovering data. If i spent as much time as you talking on DR forums with useless posts, i dont think i would solve as many problems (or maybe i would if i took the "ask everyone constantly for help" approach like i see so much from people). So this is why i ask you. Trust me i know that others like fzabkar and HaQue post alot, but they also provide lots of good bits of information and really try to help people with things like diagnosing circuits or providing documents/schematics (and i still often wonder how they get work done with as much help as they try to provide)

"PS: I and Tawfeek Are discussing About A Terminal Adapter"
No you are not. Tawfeek mentioned it and you wasted space in this forum by offering nothing new on it just adding that you yourself knew nothing. You not replying would have been just as helpful.

On a side note, i can not head back to Florida because i am already here now.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 20:14 

Quote:
... and i still often wonder how they get work done ...

I'm retired.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 20:17 

wksk wrote:
Amarbir, I am not trying to pick on you. I only thought your excitement was amusing and i was only referring to the terminal adapter since thats what the topic of this forum was, not new ace update for rosewood. I apologize if i have upset you.

I spend many, many hours performing R&D and recovering data. If i spent as much time as you talking on DR forums with useless posts, i dont think i would solve as many problems (or maybe i would if i took the "ask everyone constantly for help" approach like i see so much from people). So this is why i ask you. Trust me i know that others like fzabkar and HaQue post alot, but they also provide lots of good bits of information and really try to help people with things like diagnosing circuits or providing documents/schematics (and i still often wonder how they get work done with as much help as they try to provide)

"PS: I and Tawfeek Are discussing About A Terminal Adapter"
No you are not. Tawfeek mentioned it and you wasted space in this forum by offering nothing new on it just adding that you yourself knew nothing. You not replying would have been just as helpful.

On a side note, i can not head back to Florida because i am already here now.

Simple ,
Its your prospective not mine ,Secondly i do not like to share as much information as both of them you are referring to as i do this for a business and when i was learning no one taught me anything .Its because tawfeek mentioned it i came to know about it ,You rushed your comment because the discussion just started and i made some valid points to frank too would you mind leaving this topic and let me and tawfeek handle our discussion .

BTW : Frank Enjoys life he is retired .Here is one of my videos -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsv04HB3xuQ

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 20:22 

fzabkar wrote:
Quote:
... and i still often wonder how they get work done ...

I'm retired.

Ha well there you go, at least someone has an excuse :)

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 20:40 

Quote:
Simple ,
Its your prospective not mine ,Secondly i do not like to share as much information as both of them you are referring to as i do this for a business

That is exactly my point. How can you "do this for a business", yet outpost people who are retired and have all this free time?

Quote:
Its because tawfeek mentioned it i came to know about it ,You rushed your comment because the discussion just started and i made some valid points to frank too would you mind leaving this topic and let me and tawfeek handle our discussion .

BTW : Frank Enjoys life he is retired .Here is one of my videos -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsv04HB3xuQ

Youre right, ill see myself out. Please continue your riveting conversation about this adapter which after 3 posts you still have not provided any details on other than talking about si and prolific drivers and plugging yourself with videos of what aces blog has already provided.

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 20:46 

wksk wrote:
Quote:
Simple ,
Its your prospective not mine ,Secondly i do not like to share as much information as both of them you are referring to as i do this for a business

That is exactly my point. How can you "do this for a business", yet outpost people who are retired and have all this free time?

Quote:
Its because tawfeek mentioned it i came to know about it ,You rushed your comment because the discussion just started and i made some valid points to frank too would you mind leaving this topic and let me and tawfeek handle our discussion .

Youre right, ill see myself out. Please continue your riveting conversation about this adapter which after 3 posts you still have not provided any details on other than talking about si and prolific drivers and plugging yourself with videos of what aces blog has already provided.

Well,
My video is on relo list not translator and its a live case recorded by my student that i posted ,SA was bad in relo module and no scope of transfer to another location man you come to conclusions so fast like a kid leave it am not wasting more time with you

PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 3:36 

Tawfeek wrote:
Folks ,

3MB or 6 doesn`t matter a lot, am more in Stability rather than speed.

its like driving your car, you may choose between SAFE driving & FAST driving
:wink:

PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 13:56 

Dear Amarbir, wksk, fzabkar and einstein9
I'm sure it's not personal at all . no hard feelings . it's just a discussion .

I just wanted to know how will it be " PC-USB-Terminal III adapter " . thanks mr. Frank to clear it abit .

Agree with mr .einstein9 about speed and Stability

I'm so sorry for you Mr. wksk and Mr. Amarbir for this misunderstanding because of my topic
thank you all ,,

PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 15:26 

Tawfeek wrote:
I just wanted to know how will it be " PC-USB-Terminal III adapter " . thanks mr. Frank to clear it abit .

Please don't take my comments as gospel. I haven't seen a photo of the adapter. It could be that Ace are using a different chip. All I'm saying is that a suitable chip for HDD applications has been around for 10 years.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 16:04 

Here is one way to modify those $2 Prolific adapters:

Code:
            .--------------------------------------.
            |                                      |
            | .--------.                           '---o 3.3V
            | |  LDO   |                               o--------> VDD_325
  VO_33 o---+-|  reg   |-----+---------+-----------+---o 1.8V
              | LM1117 |     |         |           |     2.0V
              '--------'     |        .-.          |     2.5V
                  |          |        | |2.0V      |     spare
                  |          |        | | R2       |
                  |          |        '-'          |
                  |          |  R1     |   2.5V    |
                  |          |  ___    o    ___    |
                  |          '-|___|-o o o-|___|---+
                  |            1.8V   /o           |
                  |__________________/ |     R3    |
                  |                   .-.          |
                  |                   | |          |
                 .-.               R4 | | spare    |
                 | |                  '-'          |
                 | | R5                |           |
                 '-'                   '-----------'
                  |
                  |
                 ===
                 GND

These adapters typically connect the chip's internal 3.3V regulator (VO_33) to its I/O section, but the user can provide an external I/O supply via the VDD_325 pin.

The connections could be made with jumpers or with a double pole rotary switch.

Last edited by fzabkar on July 25th, 2017, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 16:04 

fzabkar wrote:
Please don't take my comments as gospel. I haven't seen a photo of the adapter. It could be that Ace are using a different chip. All I'm saying is that a suitable chip for HDD applications has been around for 10 years.

I got your point ,, Some friends told me that it will not be available in 2017 from ACE . as you know ACE team is very self-restrained

PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 17:49 

Quote:
Wow, it only took 10 years for AceLab to work out that a 3.3V LVTTL adapter (based around a CP2102 chip) isn't appropriate for 2.5V or 1.8V interfaces.

the adapters coming with pc3k have level shifters, so it does work in a higher voltage range.

About the speed:
It was slow because of 2 causes:
1: their sw was badly written, it probably waited for too much chars in reply, so the ReadFile function had to time out between writing 2 values. If you checked the signal, it was very intermittent, about 1ms of inactivity between 2 written bytes. I told them years ago, maybe they fixed it finally.
2: Instead of using ascii communication there are quite a few binary protocols they could have been using (which they probably do now).

So 6Mbps looks amazing but it rises other issues with cabling and grounding, especially on low voltage interfaces.
+1 for Einstein, safety is more important than speed.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 18:07 

The CP2102 is rated for 1Mbps.

https://www.silabs.com/documents/public ... 2102-9.pdf

Isn't that what Ace/MRT/Salvation have been using?

How does Ace's level shifter adapt to the different levels? Does it simply use a comparator on the input and register a HI whenever the input goes above a fixed threshold (eg 1.2V)? Does it output 0 - 3.3V, irrespective of the actual input range of the HDD?

PostPosted: October 11th, 2017, 16:53 

fzabkar wrote:
How does Ace's level shifter adapt to the different levels? Does it simply use a comparator on the input and register a HI whenever the input goes above a fixed threshold (eg 1.2V)? Does it output 0 - 3.3V, irrespective of the actual input range of the HDD?

The mystery is solved:

http://www.hddoracle.com/download/file.php?id=5551&mode=view

I was expecting special purpose level translator ICs, not ordinary inverter/buffers. :?

SN74AHC1G14, Texas Instruments, Single Schmitt-Trigger Inverter, marking A14S, SOT-23, 5-pin, 2V - 5.5V:
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn74ahc1g14.pdf

SN74AHC1G125, Texas Instruments, Single Bus Buffer Gate with 3-State Output, marking A253, SOT-23, 5-pin, 2V - 5.5V:
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn74ahc1g125.pdf

ISTM that the SN74AHC1G14 is an inappropriate choice, based on its relatively loose Vih and Vil specs.