All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HDD can't be in initialized
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2017, 4:32 

Hello there,

after a few years of use my 2tb Sata HDD stopped working.

I tried to install a game on it, then it gave me the Hardware issue notification (0x45d) that I couldn't install the game on it. I tried to delete the folder, and I even could delete it, but it took very long for explorer.

Then, I downloaded Disk Defrag tried to let it work on it, the program had an error (like usually in the past, thats why I don't like defragging because it takes very long and sometimes it gives error).
I closed the program, tried to restart pc, it took very long to shut down the pc so I just pressed the restart button.

Windows couldn't start so it did a recovery... and everytime I start pc it takes very long to start windows.

Now, the hdd where I tried to install the game isn't usuable, Windows tells me I have to initialize it before using it, I tried both methods but it did not work.

What should I do? I searched google and found out that I could change the jumper on it to make it work again, but therefore I have to format the hdd and I would lose some of my data (the guy formated his hdd and let a program search for his lost data)

thanks in advance