Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Expert Advice Wanted -- if it time to change my Hard Drive

September 6th, 2017, 5:55

Hello everyone,

Following is a picture of "a recommended" diagnose I ran on my HP laptop, please take a look:

And here is the same info in text format which my friend extracted using Ubuntu:

Now, looking at those stats, is it time to buy a new HDD? I had a case of burnt HDD (and HP support was just :evil: ... unsupportive and apathetic) in 2015 and this HDD is just 2 years old, so should I buy a new HDD now?

P.S. I am no expert in computer things, so please put your suggestions in simple language

Re: Expert Advice Wanted -- if it time to change my Hard Dri

September 7th, 2017, 2:07

Seems ok but always Keep Backup Backup Backup.............

Re: Expert Advice Wanted -- if it time to change my Hard Dri

November 23rd, 2017, 16:25

Backup and let it breathe ! :^p Laptops are often prone to overheating, especially during the hots days, when they are put on the lap top... It would be interesting to know the raw / actual value of maximum temperature it ever recorded. Once I bought a used laptop HDD which had reached a temperature of 68°C (that's 154°F for those who use that unit) ; and it had also registered 5 G-shocks... (I asked about SMART data, but the guy said he didn't want to bother, I was in a hurry to buy one, it was sold for 25€, oh well... Oh, and the guy didn't even bother to delete his personal data ! O_o)
Post a reply