Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

3 partion out of 2 unable to access.

September 7th, 2017, 7:17

This Hdd is used in my Toshiba laptop running win 10 pro.

Yesterday was about to shrink and partition D and E to make a new partition. Try to perform this task using disk management. Tried on D to shrink nothing happened, then tried on E nothing happened. So i hard restart the pc as windows was not responding. Then windows doesn't boot up, So took out the hdd and installed on external drive and found drive C and E is unaccessable but D is accessible. C and E just show the icon clicking on it doesn't make any change. When this Hdd in connected to the pc disk management and disklist in CMD doesn't work even disk recovery software doesn't work. Kindly suggest some options.

Re: 3 partion out of 2 unable to access.

September 7th, 2017, 19:31

Can you show us the Partitions window in DMDE?

https://dmde.com/

September 8th, 2017, 10:02

check this screenshot. I am planning to format then recover the data using easeus but i am unable to even format it. This hdd sometime disconnected automatically and sometime it even effect the current laptop for eg the desktop gets disappeared(full blackout)
Attachments
Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (1).png

September 8th, 2017, 10:04

drive C and E belongs to current laptop.
Attachments
Screenshot (8).png

September 8th, 2017, 11:23

I am planning to format then recover the data using easeus

not a good plan.
drive not stable, so if data is important take pro help.
Else clone the drive and play(use recovery software) with the clone

September 8th, 2017, 15:03

@Akkidonz, your drive has physical problems. Can you show us the SMART report with CrystalDiskInfo?

https://crystalmark.info/software/Cryst ... dex-e.html

September 10th, 2017, 21:05

If possible, as soon as possible, do a one-time, one-only-pass (of each sector), sector by sector clone of the problem HD onto an external HD of equal or greater size. If HD has an imminent physical failure, spin-time is questionable as to how long without major error, and total failure time is unknown.

September 12th, 2017, 9:26

Check this.
Attachments
Screenshot (11).png

September 12th, 2017, 17:33

Attributes 01, 05, C4 and C5 all point to physical problems.

September 13th, 2017, 16:34

Is there any way to fix it ? :|

September 13th, 2017, 16:53

As sathyan has already said, the only DIY option would be to attempt to clone the drive, sector by sector, with a tool such as ddrescue or HDDSuperClone, and then run data recovery software against the clone..
Post a reply