All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WD20NMVW-11AV3S2 Sata Connection BSY State
PostPosted: September 8th, 2017, 5:08 

Hi everyone, kindly I need your help, I have a WD20NMVW-11AV3S2 drive with bad sectors.
I tried to use WDMarvel 3.1.1 with USB support to Run Arco and Selfscan on windows 7 32-bit
While running Arco it stopped with an error about restart FW, right after Write Default Rom.
Also when trying to run Selfscan with unlock Selfscan start checked, it stops with this error:

3807 BG_PST_DISABLED_VIA_DEBUGSTOP

I tried to run Selfscan on windows 10 64 bit after running TestModeOn.bat and restarting windows
Then the drive/Program Hang, and the drive is no longer identified by WDMarvel !
Is there any way to recover the drive form that state ?!

I have made a sata connection to the PCB,to E71,E72,E73,E75 removed the capacitors and U14, the drive is always in BSY state, after some trials it was identified by WDMarvel in ready state I was able to Load overlay and write modules but after pressing FW restart the drive got into BSY state and whenever I connect the drive through the SATA connection, and powering it with the USB cable, it's is still in BSY state, I can never get to be in Ready state. Could the cable length or because it's an unbuffered connection (Capacitors removed) to Marvel Ship that is causing the BSY state ?!

I managed to read the current ROM and compared it to the one from the Backup I made
S/A Region Addresses are different, I wrote the original ROM back with the correct S/A Region Addresses but still the drive is in BSY state !
out of several trials to get the drive to ready state

Attachments:
Shrek_SA_1.png
Shrek_SA_1.png [ 79.91 KiB | Viewed 4432 times ]
WDC WD20NMVW-11AV3S2_Corrupt_1.png
WDC WD20NMVW-11AV3S2_Corrupt_1.png [ 24.65 KiB | Viewed 4432 times ]
Error_Check_Sum.png
Error_Check_Sum.png [ 72.59 KiB | Viewed 4432 times ]
Shrek TL.png
Shrek TL.png [ 53.93 KiB | Viewed 4432 times ]
WD20NMVW_PCB.jpg
WD20NMVW_PCB.jpg [ 3.26 MiB | Viewed 4432 times ]