Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Toshiba MQ01ACF032 / MQ01ACF050 not initialising.

September 13th, 2017, 0:16

I have been facing a common problem with Toshiba MQ01ACFxxx series. Received quit a few drives with bad Heads / Knocking condition. After head replacement the knocking stops but drives still does not go to ready state and keeps trying to initialise(Minor Calibration sound can be heard)
has anyone faced this kind of issue with these drives. I have used heads with fully matching drives.
Any hint appreciated.

Re: Toshiba MQ01ACF032 / MQ01ACF050 not initialising.

September 13th, 2017, 15:24

Would I be right in assuming that the same problem exists if you swap heads between two matching, working donors? If so, then would it be advisable to transfer the donor's head adaptives to the patient?

Re: Toshiba MQ01ACF032 / MQ01ACF050 not initialising.

September 20th, 2017, 15:23

ROb wrote:I have been facing a common problem with Toshiba MQ01ACFxxx series. Received quit a few drives with bad Heads / Knocking condition. After head replacement the knocking stops but drives still does not go to ready state and keeps trying to initialise(Minor Calibration sound can be heard)
has anyone faced this kind of issue with these drives. I have used heads with fully matching drives.
Any hint appreciated.

Hello bro ..next time try this way

Enter the utility,select the right model. wait to see drd and dsc,it may take time or some time all light is blank just give a soft rest
then go to 'edit hdd ID', the menu will appear with hdd information click ok, if not repeat this again(on/off the hdd /wait/ edit hdd ID)
refresh ID if it's id ok .. then re-enter the utility .. everything will be fine .
Post a reply