Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

windows 10 keeps loading and loading and nothing happens

September 15th, 2017, 14:52

I everyone and thanks for the help in advance
i am not a computer expert, that's why am here trying to get help to repair my hard drive or recover my files
so my hp was due for an update, i left the computer on and went to work, when i was back, it was trying to start up but i only got the windows logo and that's all, i restarted and let it sit for awhile , but nothing, i look to some videos on you tube none of them help or my knowledge is poor, finally i decide to take the hard drive from the laptop (hp G72) and use the USB adapter to transfer files to my sons laptop, (newer and bigger storage), i was able to see files of the hard drive, but the access to any of them was denied (not just the warning and click continue as administrator ) they are totally denied, also my file "user" is not there, do you guys think i can recover? any advice? i think is a simple fix for you expert guys but for me is too much, any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

Re: windows 10 keeps loading and loading and nothing happens

September 15th, 2017, 16:15

This might be only a software problem and not a HDD problem.
But you could first check the health of the HDD and after (if all OK) try to get the files out, maybe with a Linux Live CD.

Re: windows 10 keeps loading and loading and nothing happens

September 15th, 2017, 17:58

Or, if you have the option, connect the drive to a winXP machine.
Post a reply