All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 10:36 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 5th, 2017, 17:35
Posts: 29
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Hello guys, i need to recover a realy important DATA on this hdd, every megabyte has invaluable information, it´s my personal hdd, it just stop working

it´s a ST31000524AS 7200.12

Spildit and Gurus: if i could, i take this hdd to a profeccional to recover the info, but i can´t, it´s too expecive for me to travel to another country, and here in Cuba there is no profeccional company to recover the data.

i put the HDD on a pc, the pc slows down, and then bios do not detect it. AHCI RAID and IDE, do not get detected by bios.
When i use victoria pio mode, and open the HDD port, it just get BSY.

What can i do, Data on this HDD it´s INVALUABLE!!! for me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 10:50 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: April 3rd, 2011, 0:19
Posts: 1638
Location: Providence, RI
It is likely a firmware malfunction, possibly related to the media cache or sector re-allocation functions of the drive.

If the data is as important as you say, you should really get it to someone with professional tools like PC-3000 to properly diagnose it.

_________________
Hard Drive & RAID Data Recovery Services
https://www.data-medics.com/raid-data-recovery/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 11:22 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 5th, 2017, 17:35
Posts: 29
Location: Santiago de Cuba
data-medics wrote:
It is likely a firmware malfunction, possibly related to the media cache or sector re-allocation functions of the drive.

If the data is as important as you say, you should really get it to someone with professional tools like PC-3000 to properly diagnose it.


DUDE haven´t you readed the part here says: -if i could, i take this hdd to a profeccional to recover the info, but i can´t, it´s too expecive for me to travel to another country, and here in Cuba there is no profeccional company to recover the data.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 11:33 
Offline

Joined: May 29th, 2011, 8:47
Posts: 62
Location: Russia
titokhonan wrote:
it´s too expecive for me to travel to another country, and here in Cuba there is no profeccional company to recover the data.[/b]

Did you hear about post offices? Ship it to someone skilled for negotiated price is much preferable in your case. Its just like " I want to travel to space! Tell me how to get there for $1 !!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 11:36 
Offline

Joined: August 18th, 2010, 17:35
Posts: 3068
Location: Massachusetts, USA
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35324&start=0
Based on this thread, it seems you should have enough experience to know what to do in order to receive some help!
More specifically, post some pictures of the drive and load them up here, then post terminal output on power up, then describe the drive's behavior (clicks? spin down? what exactly is it doing on power on?)

Reach out to your friend in Cuba, Oleg for immediate advice.

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery Specialist in Massachusetts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 14:30 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 8118
Location: Portugal
Goes without saying ....

DO NOT REGEN TRANSLATOR ON THIS DRIVE WITH 2700.11 COMMANDS POSTED ON THE NET .....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 14:39 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 8118
Location: Portugal
titokhonan wrote:
Hello guys, i need to recover a realy important DATA on this hdd, every megabyte has invaluable information, it´s my personal hdd, it just stop working



Well, only VIABLE option is to send the drive to a special data recovery firm and NOT a computer repair shop.

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 14:42 
Offline

Joined: June 11th, 2013, 17:01
Posts: 673
Location: USA
OP listen to these guys. Its good advice.

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 14:44 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 8118
Location: Portugal
titokhonan wrote:
i put the HDD on a pc, the pc slows down, and then bios do not detect it. AHCI RAID and IDE, do not get detected by bios.
When i use victoria pio mode, and open the HDD port, it just get BSY.

What can i do, Data on this HDD it´s INVALUABLE!!! for me


Whatever you do ... DO NOT USE m0 COMMANDS on that drive.


Plug it to TTL power the drive up and post the log.

You can try some stuff safely but NOT m0 commands. Do not CLEAR the defect lists (including G-List) as well.

I would attempt to check first what the log says to figure out the problem.

Then depending on the log i would start by disabling re-location, background media scan, etc by congen or patching sysfile. Drive might have bad modules / sysfiles.

I don't think that on this model there is a media cache issue but there are other failures that can be "detected" with proper log.

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 17:56 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: August 9th, 2007, 8:40
Posts: 712
Location: United Kingdom
Pay attention to spildit. If you use 7200.11 fixes on this drive there is a chance you will make the problem worse (more expensive)

_________________
<itch>
скратчи
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you probably don't fully understand the situation. ... Mr Kipling


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 17:59 
Offline

Banned User

Joined: May 11th, 2017, 17:10
Posts: 236
Location: Iran
Spildit wrote:
Goes without saying ....

DO NOT REGEN TRANSLATOR ON THIS DRIVE WITH 2700.11 COMMANDS POSTED ON THE NET .....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


yes like as spildit say do not regenrate translator on 720012 series or you end up with partial access problem :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
say goodby to your data :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
Mohammad Mazaheri

Email: mazaheri.online@gmail.com

Mobile: +989185005214


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 18:02 
Offline

Banned User

Joined: May 11th, 2017, 17:10
Posts: 236
Location: Iran
mmzhr wrote:
Spildit wrote:
Goes without saying ....

DO NOT REGEN TRANSLATOR ON THIS DRIVE WITH 2700.11 COMMANDS POSTED ON THE NET .....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


yes like as spildit say do not regenrate translator on 720012 series or you end up with partial access problem :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
say goodby to your data :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


for fixing this series

just clear smart with
/1N1,,22
and disable background scan with

/TF"BGMS_ENABLE",0,22

_________________
Mohammad Mazaheri

Email: mazaheri.online@gmail.com

Mobile: +989185005214


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 7th, 2017, 10:41 
Offline

Joined: May 29th, 2011, 8:47
Posts: 62
Location: Russia
mmzhr wrote:

for fixing this series

just clear smart with
/1N1,,22
and disable background scan with

/TF"BGMS_ENABLE",0,22


Can someone ban this guy? Such bullshit is no longer funny...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 7th, 2017, 11:10 
Offline

Banned User

Joined: May 11th, 2017, 17:10
Posts: 236
Location: Iran
Masterclass wrote:
mmzhr wrote:

for fixing this series

just clear smart with
/1N1,,22
and disable background scan with

/TF"BGMS_ENABLE",0,22


Can someone ban this guy? Such bullshit is no longer funny...


why ban me??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock: :shock:
i posting learning topics and want to help others
why you are upset asshole :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Mohammad Mazaheri

Email: mazaheri.online@gmail.com

Mobile: +989185005214


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 0:20 
Offline

Joined: May 29th, 2011, 8:47
Posts: 62
Location: Russia
mmzhr wrote:

i posting learning topics and want to help others

Nobody needs your "help" since you cant understand what the problem is.How can you advice something when you know really nothing about HDDs? Your brain still cant understand that when a person needs data - just typing silly commands without its understanding can spoil data.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 7:42 
Offline

Banned User

Joined: May 11th, 2017, 17:10
Posts: 236
Location: Iran
Masterclass wrote:
mmzhr wrote:

i posting learning topics and want to help others

Nobody needs your "help" since you cant understand what the problem is.How can you advice something when you know really nothing about HDDs? Your brain still cant understand that when a person needs data - just typing silly commands without its understanding can spoil data.


i understand problem i fixed many hdds without loosing data :D :D :D
if he dosent run 7200.11 on 7200.12 hdd hdd can be fixed :) :) :)
you think you are only person that can fix hdds!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i know you wouldnt use m0 commands on hdd that have data its dangerous :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
Mohammad Mazaheri

Email: mazaheri.online@gmail.com

Mobile: +989185005214


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 8:17 
Offline

Banned User

Joined: May 11th, 2017, 17:10
Posts: 236
Location: Iran
mmzhr wrote:
Masterclass wrote:
mmzhr wrote:

i posting learning topics and want to help others

Nobody needs your "help" since you cant understand what the problem is.How can you advice something when you know really nothing about HDDs? Your brain still cant understand that when a person needs data - just typing silly commands without its understanding can spoil data.


i understand problem i fixed many hdds without loosing data :D :D :D
if he does not run 7200.11 solution on 7200.12 hdd problem can be fixed :) :) :)
you think you are only person that can fix hdds!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i know you wouldnt use 7200.11 m0 commands on hdd that have data its dangerous :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
Mohammad Mazaheri

Email: mazaheri.online@gmail.com

Mobile: +989185005214


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 12:56 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 8118
Location: Portugal
OP didn't post any log yet so "understanding" the problem at this stage is impossible. Only "possible" thing to do is "guessing" and that will not help the OP as one needs to know exactly what is wrong in order to "bypass" the problem temporarly to gain access to the data and then when the data is extracted to a safe place and confirmed to be valid and intact the drive should never be used again.

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 14:09 
Offline

Banned User

Joined: May 11th, 2017, 17:10
Posts: 236
Location: Iran
Spildit wrote:
OP didn't post any log yet so "understanding" the problem at this stage is impossible. Only "possible" thing to do is "guessing" and that will not help the OP as one needs to know exactly what is wrong in order to "bypass" the problem temporarly to gain access to the data and then when the data is extracted to a safe place and confirmed to be valid and intact the drive should never be used again.


he dosent log yet but i has before many 31000524as drives that fixed easy

_________________
Mohammad Mazaheri

Email: mazaheri.online@gmail.com

Mobile: +989185005214


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Realy Important Data in hdd, Seagate ST31000524AS
PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 16:29 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 8118
Location: Portugal
mmzhr wrote:
Spildit wrote:
OP didn't post any log yet so "understanding" the problem at this stage is impossible. Only "possible" thing to do is "guessing" and that will not help the OP as one needs to know exactly what is wrong in order to "bypass" the problem temporarly to gain access to the data and then when the data is extracted to a safe place and confirmed to be valid and intact the drive should never be used again.


he dosent log yet but i has before many 31000524as drives that fixed easy


Including the ones with bad heads ? And with bad surface ? Fixed easy with terminal only ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group