All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Toshiba Mk2552gsx - Hard disk sentinel pro 4.5
PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 7:32 

My hp laptop with Toshiba Mk2552gsx 250GB Hdd is showing by Hard disk sentinel pro 4.5 HEALTH as 5%.

How to get rid of this alarming situation i.e, how to increase health.

Should i format the HDD and reload os. But it may be last resort.

Experts please ADVICE. I have already been advised to purchase a new one, but I am not interested in that.

Post subject: Re: Toshiba Mk2552gsx - Hard disk sentinel pro 4.5
PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 18:39 

Banned User

Spildit wrote:
sudipto wrote:
Experts please ADVICE. I have already been advised to purchase a new one, but I am not interested in that.

You should buy a new one. If you are not interested in that wait some more days and don't backup. You will buy a new one and you will pay to a data recovery firm to get your data back whenever you are "interested" in tha or not.

Honestly, if "Health" is at 5% is because your software is checking S.M.A.R.T. and detecting that something is not ok with your drive.

You can post a FULL S.M.A.R.T. report taken with something like Victoria for windows and we can check that out but most likely drive have huge amount of bad sectors / replaced by spares or have huge shock count if it was dropped or head(s) are dying, etc ....

You can have a better idea by checking S.M.A.R.T. and doing a full media scan (verify) but that won't fix the drive.

There are some Vendor Specific Commands for your Toshiba that can make things look better like clearing S.M.A.R.T. and you can move defects from the G-List to the factory defect list (P) and you can even use a "special" "Renew Drive" command but that will not fix the drive will just make it look better and with more Health, unless of course the problem is just a small amount of bad sectors that you can move to the P-List and do some "cosmetic fix" but even so you shouldn't trust a dying drive.

Your choice.

spildit saying truth trust him :)

dont use dying drive :wink:

Email: mazaheri.online@gmail.com

Mobile: +989185005214