All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WD30EZRX really slow
PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 22:39 

I have a WD30EZRX 3.0TB drive that is suddenly *really* slow, and after digging around it seems like the problem might be somewhat well known, the only problem is all the posts I could find about it are as old as the drive, the data on the drive is not unreplacable, and the drive itself works, just hoping there is a way to get the data off without it taking a month.

Post subject: Re: WD30EZRX really slow
PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 20:09 

Thanks... was hoping there was some kind of newer firmware tool, other than WD marvel thing.. I have a copy of WDR, but naturally I am on 64-bit windows.. and it doesn't work on 64-bit OS, so its either put together something that can run 32-bit, pay for WD-marvel, or just consider most of the data a write-off (which is honestly the most likely option at this point)

PostPosted: October 10th, 2017, 18:47 

Banned User

mlmmt wrote:
Thanks... was hoping there was some kind of newer firmware tool, other than WD marvel thing.. I have a copy of WDR, but naturally I am on 64-bit windows.. and it doesn't work on 64-bit OS, so its either put together something that can run 32-bit, pay for WD-marvel, or just consider most of the data a write-off (which is honestly the most likely option at this point)

most of hdd repair tools only work in 32 bit windows :D :D :D

Email: mazaheri.online@gmail.com

Mobile: +989185005214

PostPosted: October 10th, 2017, 22:26 

Yeah, thanks everybody for the help, was hoping there was some easier way to recover the data, its not worth the trouble of getting a 32-bit or Linux box going (anything actually important was backed up in at least one other location)

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 18:50 

mlmmt wrote:
Yeah, thanks everybody for the help, was hoping there was some easier way to recover the data, its not worth the trouble of getting a 32-bit or Linux box going (anything actually important was backed up in at least one other location)

If the Linux box reference is to being able to use HDDSuperTool, a live CD is available.
http://www.sdcomputingservice.com/hddlivecd
It can also be made into a live USB with some popular tools that can create a bootable USB from a CD.