Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

www.rm-ransomwarerecovery.com

December 3rd, 2017, 23:16

Do you know "http://www.rm-ransomwarerecovery.com/"
They claim that they can decrypt any ransom virus.

Here is my Story:
I got a customer server infected with virus called "Cry36".
I filed a request through their website and after few hours got this email :

Thank you for your patience.
Our tests are complete and indicate that we can recover your data. The cost for this service is as follows:
Standard Recovery Service (estimate 1-3 business days) $4850 (USD)
This is for a guaranteed recovery service - Our 'No Recovery No Fee' policy means that if we cannot recover any of your files then we will immediately refund payment on a pro-rata basis:
Payment is required in advance via bank transfer or PayPal (includes credit/debit card payment option). We operate a NO RECOVERY NO FEE policy.
Please check out what people have to say about Red Mosquito data recovery on this independent review website:
http://www.reviews.co.uk/company-review ... squito-ltd
Please let me know if you wish to proceed or have any questions.
Best Regards,

Does anyone tried or heard of them before? I really have a doubt about their claim of decrypting anything.

Need your thoughts here.

Re: www.rm-ransomwarerecovery.com

December 4th, 2017, 2:04

I could offer a no-data no-fee recovery service simply by paying the ransom on the client's behalf.

Re: www.rm-ransomwarerecovery.com

December 4th, 2017, 2:48

fzabkar wrote:I could offer a no-data no-fee recovery service simply by paying the ransom on the client's behalf.

Which is what I strongly suspect these guys do.

We had a client of ours who used them and they did ever the data back (it was a similar price, about 4500gbp) but needed the encrypted files (obviously) and the ransom notes.
Post a reply