Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Deleted Browsing History Question

December 6th, 2017, 18:05

Anyone know of reasonably priced software for recovering and displaying deleted browsing history. I know a lot of the expensive forensic do it, but its not worth it for just this job.

Re: Deleted Browsing History Question

December 7th, 2017, 4:36

Would these free ones from Nirsoft do the job for you?
http://www.nirsoft.net/web_browser_tools.html

December 7th, 2017, 6:26

Nirsoft's very nice tools won't find *deleted* browsing history, remnants of it should be recovered first. I don't know any specific tool doing just that, but if you know which browsing software was used, you can look at the structure of the files storing history and search the whole partition, using WinHex or something similar, with a specific enough expression appearing at the begining, or before each history record.
Photorec can be set to search only sqlite files, which are used to store that kind of data in Firefox (in "Files options" check "sqlite" and uncheck everything else).

December 7th, 2017, 13:18

I have just downloaded Nirsoft. I am now recovering the user profile including all available deleted data. I will let you know how I get on when I scan it.
Post a reply