All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Broken hdd, realy need help, almost my family life deppends
PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 19:28 

I´m the IT guy of my workplace, happens i whas working on my boss pc instaling office 2016 and shudenly the pc reseted, after that the harddrive don´t show up on bios. It looks like the HDD it´s broken my boss need the hdd information and he scream me to get the information on the hdd or i´m gonna be fired. I realy need to get this information because i can be fired and multed with almost $5,000.00 due that losted information and because i whas sitted on the pc on the moment it broke, he sais it´s my fault.

so i REALY need to get the information, the hdd... i don´t care. i haven´t opened it, since the moment it broke at now have been like 1h 49minutes. I have a RS232 terminal but i haven´t used it on the hdd

REMEMBER:
i live in cuba, here whe doasen´t have hddrecover companys,
it´s almost imposible for me to go outside Cuba,
i don´t have all the money required to go to Portugal(spildit) not even Haiti
SO PLEASE I WILL USE A LOT YOUR HELP PEOPLE

HDD
Brand: Seagate
SN: S1D9LQMR
Model: ST1000DM003
PN: 1CH162-302
FW: CC46
Date: 13387
Site: SU

Problem:
-Sistem doasen´t start up
-hard drive starts 4sec later it stop
-when it start it does little noices
-bios doasen´t show it
-when the pc power on and i use the ctrl+alt+delete to reset, bios show it up like this:

Post subject: Re: Broken hdd, realy need help, almost my family life deppe
PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 19:42 

Could be heads (not unusual) or Firmware problem...can you hook up the drive with the RS232?
You can tell the Boss that he could sue Seagate...sorry Shitgate...it's their fault.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 19:50 

mr_spokk wrote:
Could be heads (not unusual) or Firmware problem...can you hook up the drive with the RS232?
You can tell the Boss that he could sue Seagate...sorry Shitgate...it's their fault.

I do have one. RS232 to COM port, What shuld i do??

PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 20:13 

Hm, not that. You need a USB -> TTL adapter, like a cell phone data cable. Some information here : http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php? ... +ttl#p4735 . The cp2102 and cp2104 cables would be preferred.

Also, was the Office 2016 licensed or obtained from "alternative sources". That can help save you by throwing the guilt into pirate software.

But considering the fame of this drive model, and problems in the DM series as a whole, maybe you would be better searching for some help in Florida , as that may be nearer you than anything in Eurpoe.

Also, from the tone of your post : I understand that your boss may be complaining and inconveniencing you. But do not let it influence your thoughts. The worst thing that you can do now is do somethings in haste, and turn the situation from bad to worse just because someone keeps demanding that you solve it faster and that makes you overlook some caution and risking dangerous things.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 20:52 

Blame Seagate. They deserve, and they are used to it already.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 21:03 

Spildit wrote:
Ok, you power on the system with the drive on it, the system doesn't boot but it powers up as you can see the drive on BIOS with wrong capacity - 4.1GB.

You are saying that the drive spins does some noise and then stops ....

If it's something like 11 clicking sounds and then stops then most likely heads are gone and most likely so is media/platters ....

If you plug the TTL adaptor to the drive and power it up can you see something at all in he terminal ?

Those DM drives have multiple firmware problems like media cache and to recover data it's required to patch sysfile 93 or use congen but on your case if it clicks and stops ... i would say heads are gone .... and there is nothing you can do for yourself !!!

But if it makes you feel better even data recovery firms (even if you find the best in the world) will not be able to help you out if the platter substract is gone or if the platter is full of rings ....

Also without tools to manipulate FW on those it will be very risky to do whatever you want to do at firmware level. You should start by backing up the sysfiles and modules (and ROM) and that would require tools .... NOT free and NOT PIRATED ...

So ...

Are you sure that you can't blame someone else for the damaged hard drive ?

bro i can't blame nobody... no cuban citicen can suit an american company, no cuban company can suit an american company, because US embargo laws. US give a shit what cuba says.

Office 2016 is pirated, but i have instaled that office like 122 times and it NEVER have give me that kinda of problem,
reading others forums threads people use payied tools but all use same tool RS232 to usb device, all that can be done with a terminal, i just need 2 folders on the hdd named "Facturas de servicios" "contratos"

PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 21:05 

Spildit wrote:
Ok, you power on the system with the drive on it, the system doesn't boot but it powers up as you can see the drive on BIOS with wrong capacity - 4.1GB.

You are saying that the drive spins does some noise and then stops ....

If it's something like 11 clicking sounds and then stops then most likely heads are gone and most likely so is media/platters ....

If you plug the TTL adaptor to the drive and power it up can you see something at all in he terminal ?

Those DM drives have multiple firmware problems like media cache and to recover data it's required to patch sysfile 93 or use congen but on your case if it clicks and stops ... i would say heads are gone .... and there is nothing you can do for yourself !!!

But if it makes you feel better even data recovery firms (even if you find the best in the world) will not be able to help you out if the platter substract is gone or if the platter is full of rings ....

Also without tools to manipulate FW on those it will be very risky to do whatever you want to do at firmware level. You should start by backing up the sysfiles and modules (and ROM) and that would require tools .... NOT free and NOT PIRATED ...

So ...

Are you sure that you can't blame someone else for the damaged hard drive ?

one more thing, it's not 11clicking sounds, it's almost 2 in just 4 seconds

PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 21:16 

drive spins down ?
or stays spinning ?

PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 22:32 

*I* do not mind if it is pirate or not. The mention of it being pirate ( as it obviously was ) is to alleviate the blame upon you to some obscure code in the pirated software´s crack. Also, no mention of sueing Seagate or others. That won´t work even in the 1rst world. The best way to attack them is to decline to buy their products and spread the word about their recent low quality products .

Back to your problem, @DonOleg is from Cuba also, maybe he can help you. Search him in this forum

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 3:45 

Pirate software would not cause this, drive has physical issues. So do not let your mean boss blame you!

You cannot solve this yourself, so please STOP messing about with it.

Contact a DR company in Cuba.

Just because you don’t wanna PAY for professional services, does not mean they do not exist!!

New!! HDD-PCB.COM for all your PCB and donor HDD requirements!

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 8:10 

pcimage wrote:
Pirate software would not cause this, drive has physical issues. So do not let your mean boss blame you!

You cannot solve this yourself, so please STOP messing about with it.

Contact a DR company in Cuba.

Just because you don’t wanna PAY for professional services, does not mean they do not exist!!

there is no DR company in Cuba

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 8:11 

jermy wrote:
drive spins down ?
or stays spinning ?

after 4 seconds drive spins down

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 8:15 

rogfanther wrote:
*I* do not mind if it is pirate or not. The mention of it being pirate ( as it obviously was ) is to alleviate the blame upon you to some obscure code in the pirated software´s crack. Also, no mention of sueing Seagate or others. That won´t work even in the 1rst world. The best way to attack them is to decline to buy their products and spread the word about their recent low quality products .

Back to your problem, @DonOleg is from Cuba also, maybe he can help you. Search him in this forum

well thanks, that looks like a viable solution i have searched in the forum for DonOleg but found nothing are u shure that is his username

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 8:35 

do anyone have Don Oleg facebook account?? i will like to reach hin to se if he can help me. it lives on cuba

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 8:59 

Answering directly your PM : I wrote his handle a little wrong, it is "Don Oleg", with a space.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26908

@pcimage, the thing about pirate software is to calm his boss, supposing the hdd just stopped working out of the blue and there were not other unmentioned causes for its demise ( other than it being a Seagate DM, that is ) .

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 9:29 

rogfanther wrote:
Answering directly your PM : I wrote his handle a little wrong, it is "Don Oleg", with a space.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26908

@pcimage, the thing about pirate software is to calm his boss, supposing the hdd just stopped working out of the blue and there were not other unmentioned causes for its demise ( other than it being a Seagate DM, that is ) .

nice thanks but.....

Last visited: December 29th, 2017, 18:13

it looks like it have been long time since his last visit, do anyone know how to reach him Facebook, a phone number????

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 9:39 

If you send him a PM, he will receive an email notification.

He appears also in the hddoracle forum, if you want to try contacting him there.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 11:40 

rogfanther wrote:
If you send him a PM, he will receive an email notification.

He appears also in the hddoracle forum, if you want to try contacting him there.

link??

PostPosted: January 19th, 2018, 17:57 

Well, if you cannot find anyone local to help , you probably willl need to find a way to send it to the USA.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2018, 5:20 

Try another SATA connector, namely SATA2_0. Your drive seems to be connected on SATA2_1 and configured as Slave. You may change the SATA Data cabel as well.