All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help Urgent Partition Raw
PostPosted: April 4th, 2018, 11:39 

Hello Again guys i have a external hard drive 1 TB showing raw data after removal
i tried Partition Find and Mount it worked but the Copy To another Disk is very very slow it gave me almost 15 days to Finish anyone has an experiance like this before please let me know :oops:

Post subject: Re: Help Urgent Partition Raw
PostPosted: April 4th, 2018, 13:15 

hi,
give more details please always Drive Manufacturer, model , etc.

could be many Reasons for slow Respond firmware issue, bad sectors, weak Heads, etc.

download HDD Scan to see Drive Condition,
[url]
http://www.hddguru.com/software/2006.01.22-HDDScan/[/url]

https://lifeguarddatarecovery.com

PostPosted: April 4th, 2018, 13:28 

Partition Find and Mount is absolutely free for personal use. However, the maximum speed of data transfer is limited to 512 KBytes/s which is enough for use at home.

ok i will scan it wait please

PostPosted: April 4th, 2018, 14:35 

You can try to scan it with Testdisk ( freeware and without those speed limitations ) .

Also, if you boot from a linux live cd, maybe it can read and copy the data , also with no artificial speed limitation.

But, if the slow speed is due to problems in the drive, no software will be faster.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2018, 16:27 

You can check your drive status health with Victoria 4.3 or Hdd scan. If your hard disk has a Sector damaged or firmware issues could became instable. You can try DMDE, a software of data recovery for 30 euros. Is good because when find a damaged Sector you can skip it and proceed. :D

PostPosted: April 5th, 2018, 9:20 

Model: TOSHIBA MK1059GSM
Firmware: GL002C
Serial: 90UDF0JKS
LBA: 1953525168

Main Information
Name Value
LBA Support Yes
LBA28 268435455
LBA48 1953525168
ATA Version 8
Logical Sector Size 512 bytes
Physical Sector Size 4096 bytes
Cache size 8192 KB
ECC bytes Not Reported
Nominal Form factor 2.5"
RPM 5400
Interface SATA
Connected through USB bus

Attachments:
Sans titre.jpg
Sans titre.jpg [ 146.41 KiB | Viewed 11300 times ]

PostPosted: April 7th, 2018, 7:11 

anyone? i tried test disk butit doesnt give me the folders seperated

PostPosted: April 7th, 2018, 8:19 

better contact any professional charges wont be much if you keep trying it might damage more......

https://lifeguarddatarecovery.com

PostPosted: April 7th, 2018, 9:32 

Then try with a linux live cd.

If the files are important, contact some more experienced person. Maybe shipping it to Portugal or Spain isn´t that costly ?

If you want to risk the files ( and won´t complain/cry later ) then try with a linux live cd ( of course, connect the disk through SATA, nor usb ) .

PostPosted: April 7th, 2018, 9:34 

hmm i have a ubuntu installed on my computer U have a tutorial ?

PostPosted: April 7th, 2018, 14:25 

Ubuntu should not have problem acessing an ntfs partition even with minor damage. If ubuntu cannot mount the partition and allow you to copy files, you can try with testdisk inside ubuntu.

If you need some tutorial for that, it is easier to buy the full version of that Partition Find and Mount, as you seem to be already somewhat familiar with it.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2018, 14:31 

I tried a lot of tutorials it doesnt show ntfs it shows uknown in the partition type i dont know what to do

PostPosted: April 7th, 2018, 14:35 

The proper way would be to clone it to another disk first.

Then, run testdisk on the clone ( in ubuntu ). See it it finds a partition. You can also try with R-Studio or buy that Partition F&M that you said already worked for you.

PostPosted: April 8th, 2018, 6:39 

i will try hdd raw copy fingers crossed

PostPosted: April 8th, 2018, 9:21 

okay you have experiance more than me i wil try them cheers

PostPosted: April 8th, 2018, 9:22 

i just wanna keep my folders in order thats why i dont like those normal recovery softwares

PostPosted: April 8th, 2018, 9:45 

okay man i will try hddsuperclone

PostPosted: April 8th, 2018, 21:20 

Quote:
First you do need to clone the bad drive to a new one. Only then you can worry about recovery and folders, unless of course you have very expensive hardware based tools like PC-3000 DE, MRT DE, HRT-DRE, RapidSpar, etc that will allow you to check master file table and clone/image only the portion of the drive with the files.

If the filesystem is NTFS, ddru_ntfsbitmap, which is part of ddr_utilities, can do just that, i.e. skip the unallocated sectors (by checking the $Bitmap, instead of the $MFT). It's useful if the drive is far from full. It's a quick process and normally won't harm the drive. It doesn't allow to selectively extract the data corresponding to particular files/folders, though, which the aforementioned professional tools might be able to do.
It also provides the option of recovering the whole MFT first, which is crucial to “keep folders in order”, and it's wise to get it right away, as the state of the drive might worsen during the cloning process (especially considering that there are already many reallocated sectors here – 7B8 in hexadecimal is 1976 in decimal), to the point where it can no longer be possible to extract it fully, even though it didn't contain bad sectors initially (that's what happened to me with a 3TB Seagate HDD : I could save everything except 6 files containing bad sectors, but when I tried to get the most out of those six files the drive quickly became very unstable, while I didn't have the whole MFT saved – some of it was at the very end of the drive/partition, I didn't think about using that tool to get it in full, I know I acted like a fool even though I knew the rule that was really uncool...). But if there are too many damaged areas in the MFT, it's better not to insist to get the most of it, and try to get the rest instead (which means that many files will have to be recovered in “raw” mode, i.e. without the metadata and folder structure, but it's better than nothing...).

Quote:
That G-Sense error rate means that the drive did suffer from sort of shock caused by dropping the drive or hitting the drive, etc ...

I recently examined a Toshiba HDD from a laptop computer, which also had a quite high number in the G-Sense field (not that high, but still high, 441, even though it had been running only 232 hours), and as I was replied in a thread about that drive, it's vendor specific, so it could be that Toshiba HDDs happen to be very sensitive. Does anyone else have G-Sense figures for Toshiba drives, and are they indeed higher than average ?

(from “maximus”)
Quote:
When looking up how the drive may produce the G-Sense Error Rate provided a possible answer that could be very simple. It could be a count of how many times the drive experience a level of g force that caused it to abort a write. This is a safety feature and could only take a very small bump to trigger it. Values are vendor specific (and also likely drive specific), so unless you can find the exact meaning of the value for that drive, I would not read too much into it.