All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WD1600AAJS-22L7A0 won't detect
PostPosted: April 4th, 2018, 18:37 

Well actually it boots sometimes (rare occasions). After successful booting up it works just peachy. SMART attributes don't show any errors. I tried to backup all the modules and the only problem I faced was "Module 121 reading error DISK ECU UNSAFE ERROR". As far as I know, the 121 module isn't critical. So could you please guys guide me on how to find the root cause of a problem?

Forgot to mention. Things were worse than they are now. After successful booting up the drive was going on and off constantly. Shoving up in my computer then dissapearing then shoving up again and so on. I removed the oxides from the PCB and heated up all the electronic components with SMD Hot Air Rework Station until the solder melted. Now, if the system does boot up and recognize the HDD, it works just peachy.

Post subject: Re: WD1600AAJS-22L7A0 won't detect
PostPosted: April 8th, 2018, 7:59 

Spildit wrote:
Try to replace the PCB to start with ? Don't forget to write the ROM of the original PCB back to the donor one.

Test with MHDD, Victoria, etc ...

Thanks very much for replying! I think I found the problem. The problem is that the 11 module cannot be read from the SA sometimes. Drive does boot when the 11 module is properly read from the SA.

I have the original module saved in my computer so could you please guys tell me how to properly re-write it to SA using WDMarvel or something.