All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TOSHIBA-DT01ACA100, MS2NB750 ROM MISSING.
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2018, 13:24 

Hi everyone,

Anyone have firmware for TOSHIBA-DT01ACA100, MS2NB750 ?

This HDD original ROM already replace one of technical person.

PLEASE FIND ATTACHMENT,

Attachments:
toshiba-1tb.jpg
toshiba-1tb.jpg [ 138.16 KiB | Viewed 21368 times ]

Post subject: Re: TOSHIBA-DT01ACA100, MS2NB750 ROM MISSING.
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2018, 14:01 

Without original ROM, it’s pretty much game over.

New!! HDD-PCB.COM for all your PCB and donor HDD requirements!

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2018, 15:59 

If you say so

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2018, 15:59 

Good catch Spildit. I'm surprised that Sean didn't catch that right away, but I'm sure he would have eventually figured that out.

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2018, 16:01 

I could help if original ROM lost. But original rom should be recalculated and rebuilded. Just foreign ROM will not help.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2018, 4:21 

Oops!

That comes of reading and replying to posts while at the pub watching champions league semi-final.

Beer and DR is not the best mix! :-)

But it's still not a simple job i wouldn’t think due to unique “NVRAM” data. I must admit I have never come across a lost ROM on one of these so haven’t had the need to figure out how to make a new ROM

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2018, 13:32 

Spildit wrote:
drHDD wrote:
I could help if original ROM lost. But original rom should be recalculated and rebuilded. Just foreign ROM will not help.

As a matter of fact when i did post i was going to sugest for the OP to contact you - @drHDD - as i saw another therads here at the forum where you were able to rebuild missing ROM/NVRam on HGST and retrieve the data.

:D :D :D

Thanks!

PostPosted: June 9th, 2020, 3:33 

drHDD wrote:
Spildit wrote:
drHDD wrote:

As a matter of fact when i did post i was going to sugest for the OP to contact you - @drHDD - as i saw another therads here at the forum where you were able to rebuild missing ROM/NVRam on HGST and retrieve the data.

:D :D :D

Thanks!

PostPosted: June 9th, 2020, 3:37 

drHDD, Hello man I have the same issue, are you still around here? jaja

PostPosted: June 9th, 2020, 18:09 

Hello,

i can help you with such problem... just did a CLA for another forum member 2 months ago. (it was in a pretty bad condition though, platters removed, dirty, fingerprints too, as i expected. Missing rom problem rarely comes alone.)

pepe

PostPosted: June 18th, 2020, 9:26 

Pepe you are great :good: :-D
No one (or very few) can dare to touch such disk without rom and degradation.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2020, 12:24 

Hi all.

I've been reading the forum for a long time but so far I haven't registered. But now I have a similar case of the thread op.

I have a WD2500BEVT unit that has a bad PCB, (the MCU chip was physically broken). Buy the PCB that corresponds to you. Before moving the U12 chip from the damaged PCB I wanted to first test the donor PCB to see if it starts the motor, in this aspect I start the motor but as we all know it clicks of dead in the absence of changing the u12 chip to the new PCB. The next step was to move the U12 chip to the donor unit. And here comes the problem, when I connect it to the computer again it does nothing, it has no indication of starting the engine. I checked the welds and they were good. The next thing I did was to put back the U12 chip that came from the donor and I started again like at the beginning but with the click of dead.

The next step was to read the U12 chip from the bad PCB with an external programmer. I did several readings and they are all edentic, so he got it right. The next thing I did was put the donor PCB chip in and burn the original bad PCB bios to it. I did erase chip, write and verification. Everything OK.

The next step was to put the new PCB back on the disk and the exact same thing happens to it, it does practically nothing.

Conclusion: I think the bios of the damaged PCB must be corrupt. It's weird because looking at Hex format you have data.

Could a bios reconstruction be done with the backups I have of the original and the donor?

It is assumed that the adaptives could be removed from the original.

Thank you and greetings.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2020, 12:32 

Hi all.

I've been reading the forum for a long time but so far I haven't registered. But now I have a similar case of the thread op.

I have a WD2500BEVT unit that has a bad PCB, (the MCU chip was physically broken). Buy the PCB that corresponds to you. Before moving the U12 chip from the damaged PCB I wanted to first test the donor PCB to see if it starts the motor, in this aspect I start the motor but as we all know it clicks of dead in the absence of changing the u12 chip to the new PCB. The next step was to move the U12 chip to the donor unit. And here comes the problem, when I connect it to the computer again it does nothing, it has no indication of starting the engine. I checked the welds and they were good. The next thing I did was to put back the U12 chip that came from the donor and I started again like at the beginning but with the click of dead.

The next step was to read the U12 chip from the bad PCB with an external programmer. I did several readings and they are all edentic, so he got it right. The next thing I did was put the donor PCB chip in and burn the original bad PCB bios to it. I did erase chip, write and verification. Everything OK.

The next step was to put the new PCB back on the disk and the exact same thing happens to it, it does practically nothing.

Conclusion: I think the bios of the damaged PCB must be corrupt. It's weird because looking at Hex format you have data.

Could a bios reconstruction be done with the backups I have of the original and the donor?

Thank you and greetings.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2020, 4:43 

DeVlL wrote:
Hi all.

Thank you and greetings.

Hi and welcome,
If you have a problem, it's best to start a new thread and not hijack an old one.

So start a new thread and you'll get help.
BTW, some of these models have a failsafe and won't spin up when they detect a bad head/preamp, so if you've done everything right, then heads/preamp could be toast. Also, "ROM" can be rebuilt from the SA on those.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2020, 6:34 

But if it were that, the failure would not start the engine with the donor ROM either. It's strange.

Hi. Thanks for your help. I am going to create a new thread.