Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 6th, 2018, 12:06

Hi friends,

I need what Sata PCB are compatible with this cases for repairing purposes:

1-) HDD WD 2.5 Model WD10SDZW 1TB, PCB: 2060-800069-001 USB 3.0

2-) HDD TOSHIBA 2.5 Model MQ04UBF100 with the following inscription in pcb:

MDK 339V-0
FKNAPC
A4330A

Best regards,
Oleg.

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 6th, 2018, 12:51

1) - 800069 - 800066 or possibly 800052

2) - I don't know :( :( :(

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 6th, 2018, 13:52

1) Palmer
2) Check any SATA interface PCB (Toshiba Slim) and mach MCU number and transfer IC602.

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 6th, 2018, 18:20

This should be compatible for 2):
https://www.harddrivesforsale.com/mq04abf100.html

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 7th, 2018, 4:13

unknown wrote:1) Palmer
2) Check any SATA interface PCB (Toshiba Slim) and mach MCU number and transfer IC602.


Not always, you will end up killing your PCB sometimes

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 7th, 2018, 7:29

einstein9 wrote:
unknown wrote:1) Palmer
2) Check any SATA interface PCB (Toshiba Slim) and mach MCU number and transfer IC602.


Not always, you will end up killing your PCB sometimes

Always working for me and never complains :)

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 7th, 2018, 8:22

unknown wrote:
einstein9 wrote:
unknown wrote:1) Palmer
2) Check any SATA interface PCB (Toshiba Slim) and mach MCU number and transfer IC602.


Not always, you will end up killing your PCB sometimes

Always working for me and never complains :)


Well, i know AT LEAST 2 PCB models where YOUR RULE doesn`t apply Wanna bet?

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 7th, 2018, 8:34

einstein9 wrote:
unknown wrote:
einstein9 wrote:
unknown wrote:1) Palmer
2) Check any SATA interface PCB (Toshiba Slim) and mach MCU number and transfer IC602.


Not always, you will end up killing your PCB sometimes

Always working for me and never complains :)


Well, i know AT LEAST 2 PCB models where YOUR RULE doesn`t apply Wanna bet?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bet accepted. :good:

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 7th, 2018, 9:15

You said: Bet accepted.

Very Well, let it begin then

I have here 2 Working Toshiba drives (one of the AT LEAST 2 PCB`s i mentioned before)
Both are NEW drives (am keeping it for own research) but no worries i have extra in stock just in case

Am ready to ship those drives to your Lab and you will have to Move the Chip to the other HDD and record a video of it that its working with the details that i`ll let you know later once you accept this, but my Question for you here: What IF am right and you were wrong and it never spins again and the PCB dies. (dies coz of MCU as i mentioned before)

What do i get?

And am offering you here 1000$ in Public if you succeed <----- Fair enough for you to prov your point?

waiting for your reply here.

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 7th, 2018, 9:25

Well,
If you're taking it too serious, please post here HDD model and PCB's number of both working drives.

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 7th, 2018, 11:18

unknown wrote:Well,
If you're taking it too serious, please post here HDD model and PCB's number of both working drives.


Am not taking it, i was clear that sometimes ur method does not work. but you insisted

If you want to know which model/pcb then you should know that Knowing Odd things costs sometimes..
and you can step forward and reply to my Prev. offer and try if your method works or not.

no offense, but i really know what am talking about.

have a good day

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 7th, 2018, 11:50

einstein9 wrote:
unknown wrote:Well,
If you're taking it too serious, please post here HDD model and PCB's number of both working drives.


Am not taking it, i was clear that sometimes ur method does not work. but you insisted

If you want to know which model/pcb then you should know that Knowing Odd things costs sometimes..

Didn't get that one? I just want to know the model and PCB numbers of the drives you mentioned to ship?

About PCB's compatibility, I am talking about my personal experiments. That my method works for me for several years.
Maybe you are right that some specific models need different techniques. I would be very grateful if you share your experience with those specific models.
No offence here too. We are friends anyway (Although you didn't reply on my Skype messages :) )

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 7th, 2018, 13:37

unknown wrote:(...)
About PCB's compatibility, I am talking about my personal experiments. That my method works for me for several years.
Maybe you are right that some specific models need different techniques. I would be very grateful if you share your experience with those specific models.


http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php? ... 456#p17396

fzabkar wrote:Be aware that, even if the MCU and motor controller are the same, there are rare occasions when the HDA pinout is different. The result can be disaster.

See http://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36697

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 7th, 2018, 14:49

The incompatibility in the following case (Spyglass versus Pebble, same MCU, same motor controller) is due to differences in RAM capacity:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35710

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 7th, 2018, 14:57

fzabkar wrote:The incompatibility in the following case (Spyglass versus Pebble, same MCU, same motor controller) is due to differences in RAM capacity:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35710


@einstein9 is talking about Toshiba and about "killing" the PCB ...

If the HDA Pinout is not the same you can toat the PCB ... RAM capacity will not toast the PCB (it will not work but you can move ROM back and it will work again).

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 8th, 2018, 7:21

@ unknown, sorry did not notice ur Skype msgs, and about which model/pcb am sorry prefer to keep such results for my lab.

In addition to this subject, i`ll add 2 more things about WD PCB in general

-there is one specific model/family drive where the PCB will DIE (after 2-3 attempts) of HS, and you will NEVER reach 5 times of HS retries.
-another one PCB will DIE when the OS goes to hibernate mode and will never spin back no matter what you do, works ONLY when you move ROM to another PCB.

@ Spildit
you are right here, moving it back will work.

thank you all

I think enough with this thread (from my side)
have a good day

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 8th, 2018, 7:29

Sometimes I forget why I love this forum so much.... then I read threads like this and remember again :lol:

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 8th, 2018, 13:36

einstein9 wrote:-another one PCB will DIE when the OS goes to hibernate mode and will never spin back no matter what you do, works ONLY when you move ROM to another PCB.



Very easy to fix. This is a "bug" on the ROM related to the PUIS function and can be fixed.

Impossible for the OS itself to "kill" the PCB (electricly) or for the OS to damage physical components on the PCB so this statement is .... :lol:

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 8th, 2018, 17:23

einstein9 wrote:In addition to this subject, i`ll add 2 more things about WD PCB in general

-there is one specific model/family drive where the PCB will DIE (after 2-3 attempts) of HS, and you will NEVER reach 5 times of HS retries.
-another one PCB will DIE when the OS goes to hibernate mode and will never spin back no matter what you do, works ONLY when you move ROM to another PCB.

To me, these statements come across as empty rhetoric. ISTM that you have most probably messed up somewhere, and then attributed the error to the wrong cause.

Re: Need Sata equivalents for USB 3.0 PCBs

May 9th, 2018, 5:04

Spildit wrote:
einstein9 wrote:-another one PCB will DIE when the OS goes to hibernate mode and will never spin back no matter what you do, works ONLY when you move ROM to another PCB.



Very easy to fix. This is a "bug" on the ROM related to the PUIS function and can be fixed.

Impossible for the OS itself to "kill" the PCB (electricly) or for the OS to damage physical components on the PCB so this statement is .... :lol:


Am aware of this, If you mean the Power-up in Standby,, it will not work


fzabkar wrote:
einstein9 wrote:In addition to this subject, i`ll add 2 more things about WD PCB in general

-there is one specific model/family drive where the PCB will DIE (after 2-3 attempts) of HS, and you will NEVER reach 5 times of HS retries.
-another one PCB will DIE when the OS goes to hibernate mode and will never spin back no matter what you do, works ONLY when you move ROM to another PCB.

To me, these statements come across as empty rhetoric. ISTM that you have most probably messed up somewhere, and then attributed the error to the wrong cause.


Am sure i did, Probably you missed the point when i said: New Drives (re-read the thread)
and if you really believe that you are still right here and am wrong somewhere (i wish) then you may take a step forward am ready to send you those 2 NEW drives with the same offer
but should ask you the same Question, what do i get if you were wrong here?

I really don`t like to waste my time in foolish arguments, If you really want to move on let me know (with direct Yes/No answer)
but you have to really make me a good offer to prove your point here if you were wrong.
Post a reply