Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

A stress test for a Seagate Baracuda 1Tb two years old

May 13th, 2018, 16:49

I have seen various disk check tools and hoped that HDD
Guru would have a recommendation.

This Seagate is just recently out of warranty and with 12k hours. Using HDDGuru Low Level tool, the drive
now reports all in the Blue from Crystal Disk diagnostic.
Formerly it showed in the 'Yellow" which is a caution.

What stress test would confirm the drive is bad.

Previously I had run Seagate for Windows Fix All on this
HD in question. Right now it is fresh from HDDG Low Level format and no partitions set up.

Re: A stress test for a Seagate Baracuda 1Tb two years old

May 13th, 2018, 20:22

Spildit wrote:Maybe you should read here : - http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=1393

At any rate it's a SEAGATE and it's F3 ARCH so .... REPLACE the drive with HGST one, this SEAGATE is going to die shortly anyway...

Ok. I'll look at it.
As to the HGST are they known to be quiet or do I have to look that up as well?

May 13th, 2018, 20:27

Spildit wrote:Can you post a full S.M.A.R.T. attributes screen capture taken with something like Victoria for Windows ?

Victoria is a new program name for me.
From what I've seen before from HDD Guru) No SMART attributes are available but I'll try the Victoria for Windows and am able to do screen shots.

I'm just trying to duplicate in a safe way how this drive would behave after some use again.

May 14th, 2018, 1:07

A stress test for a Seagate Baracuda 1Tb two years old = copy a small file to the drive.

May 14th, 2018, 2:12

digisupport wrote:A stress test for a Seagate Baracuda 1Tb two years old = copy a small file to the drive.

:lol: :mrgreen:
Post a reply