Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: Can’t connect my WD5000AAJS

May 24th, 2018, 4:28

Well, your drive has an ext4 partition, so somehow that was created by someone. Filesystems don't just convert from one to other like that.
Either labtech is right and you're looking at the wrong drive, or someone messed it up.
Mystery will be solved when you run R-Studio / UFS / whatever supports ext4 and you look at the files.

June 3rd, 2018, 4:45

Hi,
I installed R-Studio, but no idea then what to do with it.
Fab

June 3rd, 2018, 5:06

I understand.
I installed the wrong software:

However, recovery of the demo is limited to files no larger than 256KB with is quite a huge limitation.

Fab

June 3rd, 2018, 18:22

DMDE will attempt to find "phantom" partitions. Perhaps it will find remnants of a Windows installation. Just show us DMDE's Partitions window. That will take less than a minute.

June 10th, 2018, 16:07

Hi,
I ran DMDE on my HD:

And here is the outcome of the scan:

Hope it tells you something (not the case for me)

Fab

June 10th, 2018, 22:38

It tells there are linux partitions, and probably a linux system installed on that drive.

The demo of R-Studio , when analyzing the partitions as EXT4, did find some file/folder structure ? Maybe your friend gave you the wrong drive, or it has been used elsewhere in the meantime and he forgot about that.
Post a reply