Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

HubbleLT can't read Module 04

May 22nd, 2018, 15:18

I have a WD3200LPVT that comes ready, but I can't access the data (goes busy). Drive does not ID either in Normal Mode. Shorting TV9-TV10, I can get the drive to ID with ROM 'XYZ' and can see firmware modules. I can read all modules except module 04. I have tried all of the normal solutions like slow-fix, etc, but I still can't read data. Any thoughts? Could it be a bad head and I can't read module 04 because it is so large?

Pesky

Re: HubbleLT can't read Module 04

May 22nd, 2018, 15:44

What tool are you using?

May 22nd, 2018, 15:47

A donor module 4 can be used from the same FW if you have it. Or you might try moving the module location if you can read a good copy from another head.

May 22nd, 2018, 18:01

This was given to me from a local computer repair shop...not sure what tinkering they may have done, but probably no firmware manipulation.

I am using Dolphin tools. I also have access to MRT as well.

I thought I had tried loading module 11 and loading Dir to RAM, but will try again.

I haven't been able to locate a compatible set of FW, the drive is somewhat rare. 3200LPVT-00FMCT0 ROM version is 5000T. Couldn't find it here, HddSurgery, or Dolphin repositories.

Already ordered donor HD for swap, but it is behaving like firmware and would obviously prefer that solution.

May 22nd, 2018, 22:20

PeskyBit wrote:I haven't been able to locate a compatible set of FW, the drive is somewhat rare. 3200LPVT-00FMCT0 ROM version is 5000T. Couldn't find it here...

its in the file section since 22 Dec 2013
http://files.hddguru.com/download/PC-30 ... 31-000.rar
Post a reply