All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagnose
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 11:12 
Offline

Joined: June 12th, 2018, 11:01
Posts: 5
Location: united states
hi everyone i sent my hdd to a recovery co and here is there report :

Diagnostics
Read Errors
Damaged Sector Blocks (Reallocation Errors)
Failing Read/Write Heads (Head Track)
Failed Read/Write Heads

Notes
Media information:

Make: Western Digital
Model: WD4000KS-00MNB0

Device Capacity: 400
Serial Number: WCANU2184507
Interface: SATA

Initial Diagnostics:

Visual Inspection: PASS
Printed Circuit Board (PCB): PASS
Motor: PASS
Read/Write Heads: FAIL
Firmware: N/A
Encryption: NO

Diagnostic Summary:

The media has physical issues which are preventing the data from being accessed through normal commands (Failed Read/Write Heads). A recovery is possible in this case once the media is fixed and imaged over inside of our cleanroom. Once a full image of the media is obtained our engineers will scan the contents of the entire file system for all available data. With the Standard Service the recovery time is 5-9 business days.

The end result will be your recovered data on an external drive which you can mount via USB or eSATA. Due to the amount of data per user notes copy time will vary depending on how much data is present on the failed media. We can extract certain files first if they are more critical as the full copying process can take several days depending on the amount and type of data.

please is it worth the price or not ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 14:55 
Offline

Joined: June 11th, 2013, 17:01
Posts: 933
Location: USA
Most data recovery companies on this forum do not charge those sort of prices. Most are under $1,000 for the same service. If you post where you are in the US, I am sure we can direct you to a professional and reputable data recovery company locally to you.

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 15:00 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: February 9th, 2009, 16:13
Posts: 2029
Location: Ontario, Canada
Assuming that their diagnosis is correct, their quote is not unusual for price, though there are some good labs who would likely do it for less.

_________________
Luke
RAID Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 15:12 
Offline

Joined: September 30th, 2005, 7:33
Posts: 589
ddrecovery wrote:
Most data recovery companies on this forum do not charge those sort of prices. Most are under $1,000 for the same service.

1800$ = 1000$ for the cheaters + 800$ for the DR company that will do the job...
:D :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 15:17 
Offline

Joined: October 21st, 2007, 8:48
Posts: 1192
Is it possible to name that company?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 15:23 
Offline

Joined: June 11th, 2013, 17:01
Posts: 933
Location: USA
unknown wrote:
Is it possible to name that company?

That is funny @unknown asking for the name of the data recovery company :D

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 15:30 
Offline

Joined: October 21st, 2007, 8:48
Posts: 1192
ddrecovery wrote:
unknown wrote:
Is it possible to name that company?

That is funny @unknown asking for the name of the data recovery company :D

Why? I was asking for the name for recommendation.
If it a good company with good reputation then they can do the job. And may someone recommend another good company in US with less price and will also do the job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 15:31 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: February 9th, 2009, 16:13
Posts: 2029
Location: Ontario, Canada
unknown wrote:
ddrecovery wrote:
unknown wrote:
Is it possible to name that company?

That is funny @unknown asking for the name of the data recovery company :D

Why? I was asking for the name for recommendation.
If it a good company with good reputation then they can do the job. And may someone recommend another good company in US with less price and will also do the job.

I think what he was getting at is that your username is "unknown" and you are not identifying anything about yourself, yet asking for someone to identify the lab about which they are speaking.

_________________
Luke
RAID Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 15:39 
Offline

Joined: October 21st, 2007, 8:48
Posts: 1192
lcoughey wrote:
unknown wrote:
ddrecovery wrote:
unknown wrote:
Is it possible to name that company?

That is funny @unknown asking for the name of the data recovery company :D

Why? I was asking for the name for recommendation.
If it a good company with good reputation then they can do the job. And may someone recommend another good company in US with less price and will also do the job.

I think what he was getting at is that your username is "unknown" and you are not identifying anything about yourself, yet asking for someone to identify the lab about which they are speaking.

I get it now. :)
I was asking Mr. Dmitry Postrigan to change my username but he told me changing the username will break all previous conversations and the best way is to create a new account.
Anyway, my name is Ahmed and I am from Egypt. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 15:41 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 29th, 2009, 11:23
Posts: 202
Location: SXSW
I have Seen this diagnostic rEsult Coming to oUR lab I know Exactly who the company is, I recommend the OP to send it to another Lab. Call around, look at the yelp reviews


Last edited by hdd_sand on June 12th, 2018, 15:48, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 15:41 
Offline

Joined: June 11th, 2013, 17:01
Posts: 933
Location: USA
lcoughey wrote:
I think what he was getting at is that your username is "unknown" and you are not identifying anything about yourself, yet asking for someone to identify the lab about which they are speaking.
Nice to meet you Ahmed :D :D :D

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 15:45 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: February 9th, 2009, 16:13
Posts: 2029
Location: Ontario, Canada
hdd_sand wrote:
I have Seen this diagnostic rEsult Coming to oUR lab I know exactly who the company is, I recommend the OP to send it to another Lab. Call around, look at the yelp reviews

Me too, but I didn't want to say it.

_________________
Luke
RAID Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 16:09 
Offline

Joined: June 11th, 2013, 17:01
Posts: 933
Location: USA
hdd_sand wrote:
I have Seen this diagnostic rEsult Coming to oUR lab I know Exactly who the company is, I recommend the OP to send it to another Lab. Call around, look at the yelp reviews

+1

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 18:41 
Offline

Joined: June 12th, 2018, 11:01
Posts: 5
Location: united states
ddrecovery wrote:
hdd_sand wrote:
I have Seen this diagnostic rEsult Coming to oUR lab I know Exactly who the company is, I recommend the OP to send it to another Lab. Call around, look at the yelp reviews

+1


Thanks to you all guys , i really appreciate your help.

The company is famous and has good reputation but iam not that knob or crazy to pay that amount !! They maybe thought that iam sleeping on a saudi oil tank lool !! Sadly the reality is different, i have a U.S account but iam from saudi arabia and i shipped my drive from here directly which is why i guess they gived me this crazy price fee !!! Anyway i talked to them and was able to reduce that to 1027$ what do you think ?

But they said it will take more time this way from 10-20 working days


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 18:44 
Offline

Joined: June 11th, 2013, 17:01
Posts: 933
Location: USA
emad1990s wrote:
ddrecovery wrote:
hdd_sand wrote:
I have Seen this diagnostic rEsult Coming to oUR lab I know Exactly who the company is, I recommend the OP to send it to another Lab. Call around, look at the yelp reviews

+1


Thanks to you all guys , i really appreciate your help.

The company is famous and has good reputation but iam not that knob or crazy to pay that amount !! They maybe thought that iam sleeping on a saudi oil tank lool !! Sadly the reality is different, i have a U.S account but iam from saudi arabia and i shipped my drive from here my directly which is why i guess they gived me this crazy price fee !!! Anyway i talked to them and was able to reduce that to 1027$ what do you think ?

But they said it will take more time this way from 10-20 working days

Shipping a drive more than you have to can cause more damage, so I would go with it. However a company who quoted $1,800 then reduces it to $1,000 after a phone call..........

_________________
Hard Drive and RAID Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 18:53 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 9405
Location: Portugal
ddrecovery wrote:
(...)However a company who quoted $1,800 then reduces it to $1,000 after a phone call..........


Most likely they saw this post !

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 19:05 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: August 19th, 2007, 17:30
Posts: 1902
Location: In your hard drive.
hdd_sand wrote:
I have Seen this diagnostic rEsult Coming to oUR lab I know Exactly who the company is, I recommend the OP to send it to another Lab. Call around, look at the yelp reviews


My 2cents: Have seen many botched drives from that so called "company". So many that I won't even accept them in any more.

_________________
Buy your friends Toshiba\Hitachi and your enemies Seagate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 19:06 
Offline

Joined: October 16th, 2013, 13:21
Posts: 682
Location: Brazil
emad1990s wrote:
i have a U.S account but iam from saudi arabia


Then it would be better to state the right country in your profile. We could have suggested someone nearer you ( @einstein9 , for an example ).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 19:13 
Offline

Joined: June 12th, 2018, 11:01
Posts: 5
Location: united states
ddrecovery wrote:
emad1990s wrote:
ddrecovery wrote:
hdd_sand wrote:
I have Seen this diagnostic rEsult Coming to oUR lab I know Exactly who the company is, I recommend the OP to send it to another Lab. Call around, look at the yelp reviews

+1


Thanks to you all guys , i really appreciate your help.

The company is famous and has good reputation but iam not that knob or crazy to pay that amount !! They maybe thought that iam sleeping on a saudi oil tank lool !! Sadly the reality is different, i have a U.S account but iam from saudi arabia and i shipped my drive from here my directly which is why i guess they gived me this crazy price fee !!! Anyway i talked to them and was able to reduce that to 1027$ what do you think ?

But they said it will take more time this way from 10-20 working days

Shipping a drive more than you have to can cause more damage, so I would go with it. However a company who quoted $1,800 then reduces it to $1,000 after a phone call..........


They asked me about my budget etc and it ended up with that price. Thanks bro


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my 400gb wd hdd data recovery cost 1800$ !!! after diagn
PostPosted: June 12th, 2018, 19:20 
Offline

Joined: June 12th, 2018, 11:01
Posts: 5
Location: united states
rogfanther wrote:
emad1990s wrote:
i have a U.S account but iam from saudi arabia


Then it would be better to state the right country in your profile. We could have suggested someone nearer you ( @einstein9 , for an example ).


Since that they already reduced the price then i will continue with them i dont want to take the time and risk to ship it back and forth, thanks my dear


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group