All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Solving Seagate Rosewood having Translator issue.
PostPosted: June 26th, 2018, 9:21 

Solving Seagate Rosewood having Translator issue, and No sector or partial sector are accessible.

https://youtu.be/D6vPgVVc-wo

Thank you
Vikas Seth

Post subject: Re: Solving Seagate Rosewood having Translator issue.
PostPosted: June 27th, 2018, 10:27 

Please remove this video.
Regenaration translator is very dangerouse process, all data stored in media cash will be lost, and, usually, this is most recent files on the drive.
In your case, situation could be solved different way, without translator regen option. You just fixed this way MCMT table or something else. But it should be fixed safely without lossing data in it.
In all new seagate drives translator regeneration is not neccessary. Problem elsewere.
We dont want have a disk to be recovered after such unprofessional actions by other companies. Clients data is in dengerouse with such attempts.
Moreover, i suspect, Acelab company doesn't give permits for
publications tutorials based on their equipment.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2018, 12:14 

Video removed

PostPosted: June 27th, 2018, 15:24 

DR-Kiev wrote:

This is nonsense.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2018, 17:36 

DR-Kiev wrote:
Regenaration translator is very dangerouse process, all data stored in media cash will be lost, and, usually, this is most recent files on the drive.
In your case, situation could be solved different way, without translator regen option. You just fixed this way MCMT table or something else. But it should be fixed safely without lossing data in it.
In all new seagate drives translator regeneration is not neccessary. Problem elsewere.
We dont want have a disk to be recovered after such unprofessional actions by other companies. Clients data is in dengerouse with such attempts.

Well,
Do you have a better idea how this could be solved .Please let us know .Its called Media Cache Not Media Cash .Till Today i have seen just two methods that are used by acelab company to recover data on rosewoods ,One working in level 2 and second translator regen .So i wonder what you are talking about here .

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: June 27th, 2018, 19:25 

The ancient alchemists tried to obtain gold from less noble metals.

Modern alchemists try to get data from scrap metal.

The ancients failed......

PostPosted: June 27th, 2018, 23:57 

Yes there is 1 more way to solve it.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2018, 3:52 

Spildit wrote:
DR-Kiev wrote:
(...)Moreover, i suspect, Acelab company doesn't give permits for

I don't know how this would legaly be possible...

It's called "fair use" ...

If you buy ANY product you can for example go to your facebook, youtube, etc and post pictures/videos of it saying that you like (or not) the product ! You can show how you are using it as well.

I don't think that ACE would be able to LEGALY do something regarding people showing a product that they did buy ...

Well, probably it is not possible legaly sue such a ocasions, but it is almost probably make claim to Youtube to reomove such videos based of things like "Copyrights".
AceLab let us crearly know that they are not permit to share knowlege we received on their conferences or trainings. Nobody was permitted to record Acelab's speech
And morality things. You can share your own findings but you cant share knowlege when you recieve it from someone else, let them to use their rights by own.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2018, 3:58 

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
DR-Kiev wrote:

Well,
Do you have a better idea how this could be solved .Please let us know .Its called Media Cache Not Media Cash .Till Today i have seen just two methods that are used by acelab company to recover data on rosewoods ,One working in level 2 and second translator regen .So i wonder what you are talking about here .

Yes, there is a way to solve similar cases without option to regenarate translator. This option is absolutely harmfull for new disks with MC. If you are still using it you are making harm to the clients data, making 99% unavailable to recover recent files stored in MC.
If you wanna know how to do that, attend trainings and acelab conferences. They intoduced such knowlege in Praaue and in LasVegas confereces.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2018, 15:23 

fzabkar wrote:
DR-Kiev wrote:

This is nonsense.

It's not only nonsense, it's quite the opposite of true. Ace once even asked me to help out with producing tutorials that can help new users. Even sent me a list of topics they'd like to eventually have videos for. It's all free marketing for them.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2018, 15:32 

DR-Kiev wrote:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
DR-Kiev wrote:

Well,

Yes, there is a way to solve similar cases without option to regenarate translator. This option is absolutely harmfull for new disks with MC. If you are still using it you are making harm to the clients data, making 99% unavailable to recover recent files stored in MC.
If you wanna know how to do that, attend trainings and acelab conferences. They intoduced such knowlege in Praaue and in LasVegas confereces.

Well,
Sometimes we know this even without attending conferences .Some of the concepts they introduced like solving slow response without doing or touching firmware was introduced by me ages ago even before they taught you guys in conferences .Each And every Student i have trained in central , south and east and west india can confirm this .Situations are changing now there are smart guys in many places and not necessary concentrated in one place .Leave it matter closed from my side

PostPosted: June 28th, 2018, 15:36 

I have just attended the Ace Labs conference in Las Vegas. Ace have created a way to resolve media cache issues with Rosewoods. As stated earlier, the media cache on modern drives can be extremely large (up to 90GB). The media cache does contain a lot of recently saved data. Ace did not have a launch data for the fix, but I can assure you it does work and will be available soon.

Also included with be a way to physically recover the entire media cache for examination from a forensic standpoint. So even if the drive has been wiped, the media cache will contain a lot of recent files.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2018, 15:44 

ddrecovery wrote:
I have just attended the Ace Labs conference in Las Vegas. Ace have created a way to resolve media cache issues with Rosewoods. As stated earlier, the media cache on modern drives can be extremely large (up to 90GB). The media cache does contain a lot of recently saved data. Ace did not have a launch data for the fix, but I can assure you it does work and will be available soon.

Also included with be a way to physically recover the entire media cache for examination from a forensic standpoint. So even if the drive has been wiped, the media cache will contain a lot of recent files.

Tim,
i am fully aware of all of this ,I have full details what was shown there and how they reconstruct that .Translator Regen is Done in Very Few Drives Not All .Today itself i solved a rosewood with head damage and firmware issue without doing anything in translator .I am waiting when this update will be available till then i can do this manually ,Cheers Man :D

PostPosted: June 29th, 2018, 6:19 

Well,

Seagate Rosewood drives are with firmware lock, the very first thing is to unlock; after that, we can not regenerate translator immediately, cuz that will lead to user sector access interruption and we can not restore the disk to the status before regenerating translator (but with backup of sys file, such attempt will have no threat to client data, we can still restore the disk to its original status).

The right procedures to fix Rosewood are:
1. Unlocking;
2. Backup firmwares especially sys file of 28 and 35;
3. Recalculate translator, and fix user sector access interruption (Restore the disk to its original status with the ablility of writing back sys file).

PostPosted: June 30th, 2018, 0:44 

reco wrote:
Well,

Seagate Rosewood drives are with firmware lock, the very first thing is to unlock; after that, we can not regenerate translator immediately, cuz that will lead to user sector access interruption and we can not restore the disk to the status before regenerating translator (but with backup of sys file, such attempt will have no threat to client data, we can still restore the disk to its original status).

1. Unlocking;
3. Recalculate translator, and fix user sector access interruption (Restore the disk to its original status with the ablility of writing back sys file).

I kindly disagree.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2018, 2:30 

ddrecovery wrote:

Ehh, on modern drives, drives with larger media cache size applies to SSHD only. Larger media cache can improve drives' performance, but it makes no sense to make media cache up to 90GB; Cuz media cache of SSHD is stored in its SSD chip, the capacity of these chips can be found directly from manufactures' specifications; If the capacity of the chip can be up to 90GB, definitely it contradicts with commercial principles.

From above view, Ace said media cache can up to 90GB, I will take a sceptical eye on it.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2018, 2:35 

northwind wrote:
reco wrote:
Well,

1. Unlocking;

I kindly disagree.

What is your opinion? It would be glad to all of us if you can share your thoughts to us :)

PostPosted: June 30th, 2018, 12:10 

northwind wrote:
reco wrote:
Well,

1. Unlocking;

I kindly disagree.

+1 ,
Thanks Correct Dimitry Sir

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2018, 7:26 

reco wrote:
Well,

1. Unlocking;

All who trying recalculate translator on modern seagate drives are amatours. They dont know how things is going in sa.
Translator isn't a couplrit . And you can't backup everything in SA due of bad sectors in specific modules responsible for user data access.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2018, 9:55 

Have too add defect in nrg.. Complex but solvable.